Disconnect parking parking brake to replace driver's side cab mounts? Need help ASAP!

sevensandeights

Jul 22, 2020
I need to get my truck (2008 2500hd crew cab) to the Line-x shop tomorrow for an appointment that I scheduled a month ago. I am in the process of replacing the cab mounts so the cab lines up with the bed. On the the driver's side, the parking brake cable is limiting how high I can jack up the cab to replace the A pillar mount. Is there an easy way to get some extra length on this cable without disconnecting at the rotor?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
that your only option if you cant disconnect them where they split from 1 to 2 cables. or try removing it from the ebrake pedal in the cab.

sevensandeights

Jul 22, 2020
Thanks for your reply. Any suggestions on a DIY tool I can use to disconnect the coupler right before the cable splits into two? Nobody has the Lisle 44220 tool in my area.

MackeyLB7

Jul 10, 2020
I need to get my truck (2008 2500hd crew cab) to the Line-x shop tomorrow for an appointment that I scheduled a month ago. I am in the process of replacing the cab mounts so the cab lines up with the bed. On the the driver's side, the parking brake cable is limiting how high I can jack up the cab to replace the A pillar mount. Is there an easy way to get some extra length on this cable without disconnecting at the rotor?

I know on my 03 it has a spot right at the driver door you can disconnect it looks just like the one where it splits to each rotor closer to the back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ron Nielson

Oct 11, 2009
Berryton, KS
I removed mine by myself some time ago without special tools. Didn't even know there was a special tool, so thanks for that tip. I recall it was very difficult to do, but another person helping would have made it much easier.