LML Disable StabiliTrak

snowman22

Jan 30, 2018
SoCal
I know I have read that you can unplug a wheel speed sensor to disable all traction control, but has anyone put a micro relay on it to disable with a switch?

Would that also kill ABS or just traction control?

Hoser

Jun 19, 2016
Farmington, MN
As far as I know any pulled fuse that disables TC/Stabilitrak will give you a light on the dash. What kind of micro relay are you talking about? I’ve thought about doing a timed off delay relay that would turn TC/ST off at every start up automatically, but I haven’t looked into what signal is needed. I’ve just gotten into the habit of turning TC/ST off every time I start the truck, many times I see the light on the dash showing it’s turned off and I don’t even remember doing it lol. It would be nice to not have to worry about it though and just have it turn off at every start up. I’m trying to remember if Ben could do that with BCM tuning or if it was in a different module.

snowman22

Jan 30, 2018
SoCal
As far as I know any pulled fuse that disables TC/Stabilitrak will give you a light on the dash. What kind of micro relay are you talking about? I’ve thought about doing a timed off delay relay that would turn TC/ST off at every start up automatically, but I haven’t looked into what signal is needed. I’ve just gotten into the habit of turning TC/ST off every time I start the truck, many times I see the light on the dash showing it’s turned off and I don’t even remember doing it lol. It would be nice to not have to worry about it though and just have it turn off at every start up. I’m trying to remember if Ben could do that with BCM tuning or if it was in a different module.

I don't want it to be off every time the truck starts, and at least in my LML you can't disable ST well. It turns back on after 35mph.

Hoser

Jun 19, 2016
Farmington, MN
Honestly, ST coming on above 35 MPH is the single biggest reason I’m not looking forward to my next new truck. On my ‘12 when you turn it off it stays off.

What are you trying to accomplish with the relay then? If you just want to disable the wheel speed sensor you would just need a simple switch.

snowman22

Jan 30, 2018
SoCal
The relay idea is just to run a single wire out of the cab vs the whole sensor circuit. At this point I think I'll probably just put a relay on the circuit in the fuse box for ST so I don't impact ABS.

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
Does it kick on automatically or something?
In the 17’ work truck I love it
Hooked to a trailer I don’t spin out the hole from a red light but when unhooked I hit the switch and let both tires rip!
Way more user friendly than my DD Lly that spins on dry days lol

snowman22

Jan 30, 2018
SoCal
Does it kick on automatically or something?
In the 17’ work truck I love it
Hooked to a trailer I don’t spin out the hole from a red light but when unhooked I hit the switch and let both tires rip!
Way more user friendly than my DD Lly that spins on dry days lol

Yea, it turns back on at speed, while sideways, and it's as scary as it sounds. I like the TC/ST most of the time and especially when my wife drives it. However there are times I want to play and I cannot stand when it freaks and I'm sliding an 8k lb truck sideways at 40+ MPH. That's why I'm interested in it being on a switch.

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
Ok that makes sense... the work truck on sees straight pulls like that
The ‘05 gets sideways atleast once a week :D
I’ll do some digging on this when I get some time