Question: Diesel Technology Source DTS Issue..........

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
He was calling me on a regular basis with trans problems. Then he argued with me when I gave him answers. I told him not to call me any more. He is a real dumbshit.
He was a gardener a couple of years ago and became a diesel guru overnight.:eek:
A lot of guys bought his transmissions after listening to his BS line.:dontknow:

Then you should give him the right answers! Jeez Mike.

I kid!!! :hug:

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Seems like its becoming a more common thing. Diesel shops are popping up like crazy. Anyone with access to forums and a set on craftsman tools are doing it. Then insulting the guys that have been doing it for years.

They did call me today. They told me to call exergy and have them send the injectors back. Once they get them back they will refund everything but the shipping cost to and from exergy. Witch I don't think is right but just want this head ache to be over with.

I wouldn't pay the shipping! Why should you be out of pocket anything? I would call my CC company and stop payment and tell him if he wants them back they are at Exergy. End of story!

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I wouldn't pay the shipping! Why should you be out of pocket anything? I would call my CC company and stop payment and tell him if he wants them back they are at Exergy. End of story!

im with mackin but i also understand just wanting to get shit over with although, you may still have a fight on your hands. ill bet even once they get the injectors back, your going to get quite the run around.

Filing with your CCC right now would be the way i would be going.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Heres the thing they have proven to NOT be trustworthy! Not only with this guy but they have a history of shoddy business practices.

So you pay the freight back and forth now they have the product and YOUR money! How soon do you think he will take to notify your CC company? You going to trust them? I wouldn't plus shipping? They should pay you for the inconvenience!

I know ridiculous to aspect to receive restitution but I reputable company that you wanted to do business with would offer up a discount or something on a future purchase for your problems/troubles after all it is their error. But I'm sure your done.

Just funny to me how they did a bait and switch on you and they are cutting their loses by having you spend your money on shipping so they are out of pocket NOTHING! What a deal

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
All too familiar!!!!! Sorry to hear, but David is a scumbag of epic proportion. He burned me on a built engine I bought that he built!! Not sure how his business stays afloat with his track record. He definately needs a lesson in ethics and a beat down. Hope you get this resolved. I have a thread on hear that was rather lengthy and told my story.

crazycrew

Let's Start A Riot
Oct 3, 2009
S. Louisiana
I agree. You shouldn't pay for anything. And they will likely give you the run around when they receive them. Hell, they may even claim to never recieve them from exergy!!

chrisuns

Sep 11, 2009
San Antonio, TX
It may be worth apprising Visa of your situation; At least then, they can advise you of what to do/point you in a better direction - they deal with things like this on a daily basis.
DTS already ran you around more than they should have, no reason to trust them at this point.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Ok. David called me back this morning finally. He brought to my attention that Exergy already modded the nozzles so I need to pay them ASAP and they will send me the injectors or have Exergy send them back to DTS. I told him that I called Exergy Tuesday and they did not say anything about working on them. All they told me was that the injectors that they received was used. So I told them to hold off on them. Also told David that I did talk to exergy about sending them back yesterday. They was going to send them out in the afternoon. After hearing this David told me that Harvey did not want to tell me that they was already done.

So after telling David this is not my issue since he sent used injectors he kept arguing with me saying its not his and he should not have to eat the money. He complained about being 3400.00 out cause a customer owed him money. I told him I am NOT the one who messed up. His employees are the ones who messed up so the company needs to pay the price.

After realizing after I told him many times I do not want used injectors. He finally said he will call exergy and his visa company to see what it will take to refund my money. David told me he will call me by the end of the day with updates. Still no call. I am going to call me bank tomorrow and start the process.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
He won't call you. He got caught trying to rip you off.
Try to reverse the charges if you can and walk away.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Yeah, screw them. I wouldn't even want new sticks from them now just on principal.

I had my heads done by them, guess I got lucky

Or did you? We still don't know what happened

Yes. I'm prying :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
I know it was David from DTS, not sure how many DTS's are out there. He was in South Carolina and drove 1/2 way to me to help get engine going. I was happy whit the turn around and work done.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I am calling my bank tomorrow. Thanks guys. I should have done more research on them.

its not over, david is going to fight your banks reversal to keep that money. your going to have to write a detailed sheet of exactly took place. be sure to call exergy and make sure they DID NOT work on them and have them fax/email you something is possible. include this to your bank as well. keep that screen shot you have and try to get anything you have via proof of incorrect info sent to the bank as well. you need to basically prove your case to them.

in the end, it doesnt always work out and the bank still says david keeps the money. it then takes you threatening to leave the bank to keep your money and david still keeps his from your bank, the bank just calls it a wash. Ive been down this road too many times in both business, personally and with friends. be stern and adamant about this with your bank and hold your ground.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
I called the bank first thing today. They told me to call exergy and have them hold on to the injectors since as if right now they are my property.
I called Exergy this morning and talked to Harvey. He himself even told David that he needs to just refund my money .
I have to say I can see why people go with exergy. Harvey is one if the nicest people I have dealt with over the phone. I don't want them to get a bad rep over this. Also don't want them to loose any money.