Diesel Fuel Test

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
For most it doesn't do you any good because of the compression ratio. If you are stock ratio then it's pretty hard to beat pump fuel. When you lower the compression then you will see the benefits from hot fuels. Has to do with burn rate vs. peak cylinder pressure curve and if you have stock or high compression then you don't want fuel that burns faster as it actually hurts the power being produced. Hope that helps!:hug:

prostreeter600

Street rodder
Jul 18, 2010
Dallas Tx
Well Mark if I’m at 14/1 compression it sounds like I could benefit from it . I’m thinking 14/1 is considered low to the typical 16.5/1 compression most are running. I figured the more boost an engine is running the more the engine would benefit from a higher cetane fuel . :D

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Well Mark if I’m at 14/1 compression it sounds like I could benefit from it . I’m thinking 14/1 is considered low to the typical 16.5/1 compression most are running. I figured the more boost an engine is running the more the engine would benefit from a higher cetane fuel . :D

Only when you are limited air density! It would help with hazing and spool up but can still get you in trouble up top when you are pumping big air. I can vouch for it on my personal setup with 15:1. The cetane boost helps with haze and spooling but timing has to be adjusted at full power to keep the motor happy. It's not a simple put it in the tank and you pick up 50hp unfortunately. Anyone that tells you it is hasn't spent the time on the dyno with different setups to tell you what and why it does what it does and that is the facts.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
This fuel was tried in a 1200hp Cummins CR with 15:1 compression. We saw a 1% bump in HP. Not worth the cost IMHO