Diesel fuel availability in KY, TN, NC and SC?

turbo_bu

Mar 27, 2007
Central IL
Leaving in a couple weeks to go on vacation and will be hauling the camper down to South Carolina. Heard rumors for diesel shortages, and this last week noticed a couple of stations up here in the mid West that were out of diesel.

I am wondering what it looks like along my intended route for getting diesel. I know I am going to be paying an arm and a leg to fill up, but would rather not have to be hunting for fuel too . Can those that live in the areas comment on if their stations have run out of fuel?

OleBlackyLBZ

May 22, 2020
I live in western kentucky near paducah, so maybe not exactly in your route, but I also hotshot within a 250 mile radius. I have had no issues at all to date. Diesel prices are $5.69ish here

turbo_bu

Mar 27, 2007
Central IL
Thanks for the replies. Any one in SC having any issues?

I am glad to hear that there aren't any shortages right now. Hopefully the supply keeps up, and the price actually starts to come back down.

nzdaddy_o

Feb 10, 2019
Leaving in a couple weeks to go on vacation and will be hauling the camper down to South Carolina. Heard rumors for diesel shortages, and this last week noticed a couple of stations up here in the mid West that were out of diesel.

I am wondering what it looks like along my intended route for getting diesel. I know I am going to be paying an arm and a leg to fill up, but would rather not have to be hunting for fuel too . Can those that live in the areas comment on if their stations have run out of fuel?

I live in SC and can tell you that it’s spotty. It seems like about 75% of the stations locally have diesel. Prices are running a pretty wide range. I’m seeing if from $5.19 to $5.59 a gallon. I’m in the western part of the state across the border from Augusta GA. I’m not sure what things look like along the coast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk