DFW EFI Live?

magnethead494

go fast crew chief
Dec 29, 2013
Fort Worth, Republic of Texas
Have a topic going over in LB7 hard parts forum. Blue smoke at idle but clears up off idle. Wondering if it has been chipped or tuned, was told EFI live can check balance rates and stock/otherwise tune? Injectors have 36,000 on them.

Looking for somebody in DFW area tjhat could scan our truck.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Give Josh H a call at Top Notch Garage. He is in reasonable proximity if I'm not mistaken. He is very sharp. He is also a moderator on this site.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
X2 for JoshH

Look up Top Notch Garage. He has been tuning my truck for years, would trade him for anything. Great guy!

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I'd be happy to do what I can to help, but what you're describing sounds like an injector problem. I'm about 75 miles east of Dallas right off I-20 in Van.

magnethead494

go fast crew chief
Dec 29, 2013
I'd be happy to do what I can to help, but what you're describing sounds like an injector problem. I'm about 75 miles east of Dallas right off I-20 in Van.
We race in Crandall. Almost there, but still a good ways. We're on the south side of FW. You're damn near to our friend's shop in Kilgore, Larry Woodfin/Woodfin Automotive.

The truck has a ton of custom things on it, and we have no idea if it's been tuned or not. This is dad's first diesel after years of being a mechanic and having never worked on one much less owned one. So we're blind on the whole system.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
We race in Crandall. Almost there, but still a good ways. We're on the south side of FW.

The truck has a ton of custom things on it, and we have no idea if it's been tuned or not. This is dad's first diesel after years of being a mechanic and having never worked on one much less owned one. So we're blind on the whole system.

I can help out since I'm a bit closer than josh if you'd like. Shoot me a pm.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Josh has been around and building some very nice and very fast trucks.If there is a problem with the truck he is more then capable of fixing the problem.if I were even 5 hours from him and needed something I would make the drive.:thumb:

magnethead494

go fast crew chief
Dec 29, 2013
Josh has been around and building some very nice and very fast trucks.If there is a problem with the truck he is more then capable of fixing the problem.if I were even 5 hours from him and needed something I would make the drive.:thumb:

I don't doubt that. But I'm a student and dad works 80 hour weeks, getting out there and back would be a lot of fuel and time. It's about a 2.5 hour drive each way.

We did find some service logs, but there's a year of changes of undocumented actions.

http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?p=777998#post777998