LB7: decent milage tune

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
This is a script for my daily driver milage tune, and a script for the TCM changes I'm running with it. Unfortunately I can't lower the 5th gear release speeds for the torque converter as those tables aren't available in EFILIVE(it will unlock at stock speed no matter where I set the release at for 0% TPS). The engine tune is nothing super fancy, just a bunch of small changes and the timing set to 50% at the upper RPM's. I've found this one to not rattle even down to 0 degrees outside, but is a tad touchy on slippery roads.

Attachments

• TCM.txt
    3 KB · Views: 138
  • milage.zip
    5 KB · Views: 312

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Run this script over the other one for more advanced low speed timing. These timing tables gave me slightly better milage, but it would timing rattle below 70 degrees outside. I'm going to try and play with the ECT and IAT multipliers some and get the advanced timing version to work in colder air temps.

Attachments

• milage 2.txt
    7.4 KB · Views: 122

Willislb7

Feb 14, 2018
Hi THEFEMANATOR I was wandering if it is alright if I try out this mileage tune. I have an 04 lb7 and just getting into tuning and trying to figure everything out. Thanks

Columbus450

Aug 24, 2017
Louisiana
This post is five years old not sure if this guy comes on anymore he is pretty smart though I was reading his write up on injector balance rates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willislb7

Feb 14, 2018
Yeah I'm not sure if he does anymore or not either but figured I would try. And he does know his stuff and has good information on the forum.

pmason92

Dec 2, 2012
Madera, CA
This post is five years old not sure if this guy comes on anymore he is pretty smart though I was reading his write up on injector balance rates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm not sure if he does anymore or not either but figured I would try. And he does know his stuff and has good information on the forum.

General Information
Last Activity: 02-13-2018 02:08 AM
Referrals: 1

Looks like he is still very active. You can view that information under his statistics on his user profile.

Willislb7

Feb 14, 2018
General Information
Last Activity: 02-13-2018 02:08 AM
Referrals: 1

Looks like he is still very active. You can view that information under his statistics on his user profile.

Thanks Pmason92 i didnt realize you could do that.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I'm pretty sure he is OK with you running it, that is why he posted it here.

There are a number of tunes for the LB7 you can try out and learn from (including [THREAD=42711]the one I still run on my Suburban and any other stock engine LB7 I run across[/THREAD]). If we post them here, they are free to use!

Willislb7

Feb 14, 2018
Awesome thank you. Im completly new to tuning and finally got efi so I could start learning on my truck and have been having a hard time figuring out exactly where to start. Reading your posts and and some others have helped get me an idea of where to start. Thanks

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
I don't post them if they aren't for others to use. All I ask is don't go taking my tunes and then selling them to somebody as your own. Had a couple people do this, so that's why I stopped helping most people with tunes. Otherwise have at it.

monster50iii

Dec 5, 2014
That's too bad, too. It's alot of fun, and something one can take pride In! Doesnt seem alot of people do this themselves much anymore. It's neat reading thru posts around 07-10, when information was shared to help everyone. Now, it's like that door has been closed and locked up. :(

Willislb7

Feb 14, 2018
I don't post them if they aren't for others to use. All I ask is don't go taking my tunes and then selling them to somebody as your own. Had a couple people do this, so that's why I stopped helping most people with tunes. Otherwise have at it.

Thank you. I didn't want to just use it without asking even though its right their to be downloaded. What would you suggest to change on the tranny tuning wise to make it hold the extra power? Not looking to hold big power just small amount and to get truck to have better fuel mileage. Thanks

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
There is nothing specifically in your transmission tune that will increase holding power but... Raising the shift points can help because torque drops off the higher you go.

Also keeping it out of overdrive will help

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
That's too bad, too. It's alot of fun, and something one can take pride In! Doesnt seem alot of people do this themselves much anymore. It's neat reading thru posts around 07-10, when information was shared to help everyone. Now, it's like that door has been closed and locked up. :(

At one time everybody was helping each other, then word got out about efilive, and everybody and there brother wanted it. Many of them couldn't tune even with help, but they could take others tune and resell them as there own with no guilty conscience because they were free. The tipping point for me was I spent 3 days helping somebody with a truck, finally found the tuning mistake after I started over and went through his tune line by line(found he had switched a unit when making his script), fixxed it, and then seen him post bragging on a forum about how much trouble this truck was and how he was so proud he finally found and fixxed the problem himself. No more after that. I don't mind helping others, but I'm not here to make them money without even a mention of helping them. Just rubbed me the wrong way.

Reactions: ananas238

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
...and there is nothing wrong with feeling that way. There are snakes in every form of motorsport. We've found our share over the years.

Ferm, I personally want to thank you for all the wonderful info you've given over the years. You are an excellent person and a credit to this hobby/sport. I hope you realize that. Get well soon. :)