dealer is stumped..my truck is waiting for a fix/solution

ddac44

Jul 13, 2012
El Paso, TX
I own a small transportation company, We use diesel pick-up to run "Hot-Shots", everybody there has different types of trucks. We usually pull 15k-25k lbs. I know two guys who have new Fords, They were replaced under the "Lemon Law". Most of us run Cummins, Five of these guy, 2004 through 07 have 700k miles with on major repairs. I run a 1999 Cummins but it only has 380k miles on it. Most of us keep our truck stock. I am not a Ford fan, they have many problems with the HUEI systems. The 7.3 was a good motor but I haven't seen them be as durable as the 5.9's. And don't even mention the new ones. You could not trade me two Fords for my 99. I brought a Duramax LLY because I like Chevy first, but the 6.5 was junk. I wanted more power with fuel mileage. There are problems with all makes. The Duramax is new and they are fixing the flaws as time goes on. The 06 & newer is a major improvement over the LB7 and LLY. My point is that out of small percentage of us, the guys running the Fords have way more breakdowns. Most guys who swear of the Fords aren't 1200 miles away from home when something goes wrong.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Ice pick time.

can someone find a link to a thread detailing instrctions and post it for him? not so easy from my phone.

Possibly needs an ice pick. Not sure how to diagnose if it needs the ice pick done but I thought it throws an injector code when that fix is required.......

It needs someone logging rail pressure and current when it does that and a bottle test done. If it isn't holding rail, but passes a bottle test I'd be replacing all the rubber fuel lines and the pick-up line in the tank. If the bottle test fails, change or shim the FPRV.

But it's been a week now and buddy either fixed it or is now the proud owner of Ford. Sorry about his luck if that is the case.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I checked back with this guy and im sorry to say he let the mechanic have it pretty cheap and bought a new f350:(

Lol thats not a bad idea if you have no morals... No sir I can't fix your truck but seeings it doesn't run for chit I'll give 20 bucks and case KY for your trouble.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Blame it on the Chevy dealer he was at.To bad....he said he would have bought another Chevy but after his dealings with the steelership and them holding his truck for ransome till he paid the bill he decided to jump the fence.

werewolf

Apr 27, 2012
eastern Noth Carolina
Unfortunate for him, I want to know what is meant by a new f350, if it is truly new, y didn't he just come off the money and buy a new(er) dmax say 06 and new(er)! Hope he does have good luck with that, but may end up spending more money in the end. I knew a guy that has an 03 with the 7.3, strong motor, trans aint worth a penny, blew it out at least 3 times so far, luckily all under warranty.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Unfortunate for him, I want to know what is meant by a new f350, if it is truly new, y didn't he just come off the money and buy a new(er) dmax say 06 and new(er)! Hope he does have good luck with that, but may end up spending more money in the end. I knew a guy that has an 03 with the 7.3, strong motor, trans aint worth a penny, blew it out at least 3 times so far, luckily all under warranty.
I totally agree