Danville LML VGT Turbo

Woodster

Computer Nerd
Aug 28, 2009
Utah
If you aren't going over 800hp then the Exergy Stroker CP4 is the perfect pump as it doesn't require a kit to install it or special tuning to keep it happy either. I've been running it for almost 2 years now on my truck and on Tony B's LML as well with out issues.:thumb:

Nice! No 800HP for me. Just wanting a bit more that the 3794. :woott: Thanks for the info.

Oops I read that wrong. Looks like this might be what I'm looking for.

FSUwelder1212

Oct 18, 2012
I haven’t seen a lot of feedback on Mark’s LML turbos so I thought I would pop in. I put the 2.5 stg1 on my truck in October. I have about every mod available for the LML on my truck short of a built motor and injectors, and they have always made small incremental changes, nothing that really wowed me. This turbo finally gave me that Wow factor, it is hands down the best mod I have done to my truck thus far. I haven’t noticed a huge difference in top end pull which is likely more due to tuning than anything, but the turbo lights so much better and part throttle acceleration is so much better. I give it a little more throttle now and it takes off, no more having to downshift at part throttle. I hope to have mark live tune it in spring and provide some more feedback. The only second thought I have about it is wondering how the 65mm would compare :cool:

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Who’s tuning is currently on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FSUwelder1212

Oct 18, 2012
Currently motorops. I also have a buddy running the same turbo with PPEI, mine seems to run cleaner which is no surprise.

dmarriner60

Sep 23, 2014
keep it coming fellas, anyone out there with the LML stg2 65 with upgraded vanes?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

FSUwelder1212

Oct 18, 2012
keep it coming fellas, anyone out there with the LML stg2 65 with upgraded vanes?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Damarriner, I tried to decide between the 2.5 or the 65mm for about a year and the ultimate decision came down to me being a torque junkie and more interested in spool and response than top end. Based on this mark steered me to the 2.5. I’m really excited to see what his tuning does for it, hopefully in the spring.

And because who doesn’t like pictures, here she is:
picture.php

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Power goals should be the deciding factor. The 2.5 is enough to smoke the stock engine so unless you got a build in mind no point in the 65mm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

snowman22

Jan 30, 2018
SoCal
Currently motorops. I also have a buddy running the same turbo with PPEI, mine seems to run cleaner which is no surprise.

I hate to dig up an old thread, but any long term issues with the charger or the tuning from MotorOps? Any idea on you buddy with PPEI?

FSUwelder1212

Oct 18, 2012
I hate to dig up an old thread, but any long term issues with the charger or the tuning from MotorOps? Any idea on you buddy with PPEI?

Sorry I missed this, I’m not real happy with motorops to be honest. Nothing really performance related but I’ve been back and forth with them for over 6 months to get little quirks worked out. Just small stuff like DEF quality poor message on start up, popping code P111D. Now it all seems to be worked out but they tell me on my 2013 in order to have my high idle switch functional they can’t get rid of the hiss idle so it sits at 94% vane position at idle right now which is driving me nuts and they have no intention of fixing it. My buddy with PPEI is happy with his and no issues. I missed mark at UCC this weekend but talked to one of his guys so I will be calling to get it scheduled in to have him tune it shortly.

Toxic

Dec 30, 2015
Mansfield, OH
Sorry I missed this, I’m not real happy with motorops to be honest. Nothing really performance related but I’ve been back and forth with them for over 6 months to get little quirks worked out. Just small stuff like DEF quality poor message on start up, popping code P111D. Now it all seems to be worked out but they tell me on my 2013 in order to have my high idle switch functional they can’t get rid of the hiss idle so it sits at 94% vane position at idle right now which is driving me nuts and they have no intention of fixing it. My buddy with PPEI is happy with his and no issues. I missed mark at UCC this weekend but talked to one of his guys so I will be calling to get it scheduled in to have him tune it shortly.

This must be why mine sits at 94% at idle also, hate it. I have all in truck performance ecm tunes, and ridgerunner(Ben Tyler) bcm tunes to enable the high idle switch and other things. High idle still doesn't raise the idle though...

kheims

Oct 7, 2012

I didn’t know mark was tuning LML’s. Last I knew he stopped at LMM. I really liked his tuning on my LMM when I had it. If he is tunning them that would be great to know for when I’m able to get in another Dmax it might help me decide to get an LML instead of a used L5P when the day comes in a year or 2.

BoiseRob

Oct 12, 2007
I didn’t know mark was tuning LML’s. If he is tunning them that would be great to know for when I’m able to get in another Dmax it might help me decide to get an LML instead of a used L5P when the day comes in a year or 2.

Maybe we should all STOP talking about tuning our trucks and contact companies directly? What happened to ATP can happen to anyone if we make it easy for the EPA...

My .02¢

kheims

Oct 7, 2012
Maybe we should all STOP talking about tuning our trucks and contact companies directly? What happened to ATP can happen to anyone if we make it easy for the EPA...

My .02¢

Ok. Here’s my question. Why did they only go after Rob at this time. All these other tuning companies with a social media following of kids blowing smoke on the street and they stopped one of the best guys from doing some of the cleanest tuning. Idk seems kinda fishy to me. Trust me I saw all the post about that and it still seems wierd to me they have only stop them. I would think with the money the govt likes to throw away they would have went after all of them at once and we would have seen more post like that from all different tuners. But ur right maybe we should stop talking about it. Ok back on topic this got derailed. If u want to reply to me send it as a pm this was about turbos not tuning.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
They went after one of the bigger tuners first... This was also a few years in the making. The rest will go down as well. I agree, stop yapping about it on the webs and call directly:thumb:

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico

This must be why mine sits at 94% at idle also, hate it. I have all in truck performance ecm tunes, and ridgerunner(Ben Tyler) bcm tunes to enable the high idle switch and other things. High idle still doesn't raise the idle though...

Ohhh but there is a way to allow you to keep the high idle and the vanes open at idle and be 100% stable without issues.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master

They are missing about 10-15 vane control tables then.

I can get all your issues sorted..........:cool: