Custom Van Air Intake

ShopSpecialties

Jun 4, 2008
Grass Range, Montana
If you look under your hood you will see where there is a big open area in between the hood bracing..........I even got lucky and the filter fits right in that space so the hood does not sit on the filter.

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
could the code be from not having the right maf adaptor?

scrap yard has hoods for $100, i see a scoop coming.

Last edited:

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
dont have the insight moniter yet:eek: on the van

I found out Autozone has it, and I have $140 credit on my rewards card so I'm holding out untill I cant stand it anymore then cash in my points. get the thing for $0. sorry chad. At $20 a gallon for rotella syn oil my points add up fast.

yes I'm cheap:D

i thought joey posted his temps in a van thread at the place

Alligator

Nov 9, 2006
N. Idaho
dont have the insight moniter yet:eek: on the van

I found out Autozone has it, and I have $140 credit on my rewards card so I'm holding out untill I cant stand it anymore then cash in my points. get the thing for $0. sorry chad. At $20 a gallon for rotella syn oil my points add up fast.

yes I'm cheap:D

i thought joey posted his temps in a van thread at the place
Cheap bastard...:D

ShopSpecialties

Jun 4, 2008
Grass Range, Montana
I need to put in some hood insulation. IAT temps dropped up to 5 degrees below ambient air temp after the sun went down. 23.5 MPG at 72 MPH bucking a 20-30 MPH head wind wind for about 100 miles. Also had to hammer down a few on times on the rez. Lil fat white kid with buzz haircut and boots gets nervous on the rez. I am sitting at a lil over 200 miles on a 1/4 tank on the ride home.

Last edited:

Entropy

Apr 10, 2018
Are there any off the shelf Intakes for the van?

I've browsed around and they all look like they should fit he truck and not the van.

TIA