cummins 8 hole tips on dmax?

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida
I seen a stock set of 2012 6.7 cummins tips the other day and looked like they would swap on to a lbz/lmm injector. Has anyone else seen these tips they have 8 holes and are staggered to each other up/down pretty cool looking. I know that the 03-04 305hp 5.9 is 8 hole as well not sure on how they seat on the injector and spray angle of either one.

Anybody try this/info?

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Sonny is just asking questions guys. If everyone follows everyone else then we are all followers and only one leader. People actually invent things by thinking out of the box. I don't know if it will work or have any gains at all. Give it a try Sonny and let us know what happens.:thumb:

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
I seen a stock set of 2012 6.7 cummins tips the other day and looked like they would swap on to a lbz/lmm injector. Has anyone else seen these tips they have 8 holes and are staggered to each other up/down pretty cool looking. I know that the 03-04 305hp 5.9 is 8 hole as well not sure on how they seat on the injector and spray angle of either one.

Anybody try this/info?

You can use different nozzles, but you will need to put small pins in the holes with the injector installed in the head to make sure the spray angle is correct.
If the angle is incorrect you will have to machine a groove around the nozzles where the fuel feed goes to the fuel sac in the nozzle tip. You then will have to mark the nozzles and install them with out dowel pins relying on the marks to properly align the spray pattern. Its a fairly simple procedure if you can be precise and know what to look for.
Before you get too excited about the nozzles you should check the fuel sac capacity itself with a graduated cylinder.
You may be better off with 7 hole lbz tips

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida
You can use different nozzles, but you will need to put small pins in the holes with the injector installed in the head to make sure the spray angle is correct.
If the angle is incorrect you will have to machine a groove around the nozzles where the fuel feed goes to the fuel sac in the nozzle tip. You then will have to mark the nozzles and install them with out dowel pins relying on the marks to properly align the spray pattern. Its a fairly simple procedure if you can be precise and know what to look for.
Before you get too excited about the nozzles you should check the fuel sac capacity itself with a graduated cylinder.
You may be better off with 7 hole lbz tips

Thanks for the info i was just thinking out loud i have a lly so it won't work for me maybe someone else can try it so i put it out there

bobxr50

Been around
Mar 3, 2008
mn
I think I remember some people talking about putting duramax tips on cummins injectors because they flowed better.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Sonny, why not give Exergy a call and ask them what they think? You never know....

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida
Sonny, why not give Exergy a call and ask them what they think? You never know....

Yeah i would think they would know the angle and how much they flow and what not if it would really work on a LBZ LMM and even worth it