Cts2 Insight vs analog boost

Gdavis

Jun 26, 2021
Hey guys new here, I purchased a 05 lly and it came with a cts2 insight and boost, egt, and oil pressure gauges. I want to get an egt kit from edge and just go away with the gauges but my boost readings don't match at all. I think on the monitor I'm seeing like 25lbs and on my analog gauge I can see up to 30psi. I'm not 100% on what the monitor reads vs gauge as i should move the gauge (it's to far up to see) but i know they're off. Even at low boost, monitor reads 8-10 psi where the gauge reads 15psi

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I cannot discribe the difference you're seeing unless it comes down to placement. The CTS2 will read the MAP sensor and can only report back 24-25psi due to the limitation of the sensor/ECM and not the CTS2, meaning you will never see higher than 24-25psi on the OEM sensor.

Reactions: ZC-DMAX-LMM

ZC-DMAX-LMM

Aug 21, 2019
I cannot discribe the difference you're seeing unless it comes down to placement. The CTS2 will read the MAP sensor and can only report back 24-25psi due to the limitation of the sensor/ECM and not the CTS2, meaning you will never see higher than 24-25psi on the OEM sensor.

Pre vs post intercooler maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk