LBZ: Cranking torsions bars. Is this a bad idea ?

Jberger93

Sep 25, 2019
Pittsburgh Pa
I put 295/65/18 tires and 18x10 wheels on my truck over the weekend . To get them to fit I had to cut the bumper valence and then I cranked the stock bars completely . Is this a bad idea ? Should I lower them and cut the inner fender instead ? Do i need shock extenders for cranking stock keys ? I have searched and some people say it’s fine to crank the stock Keys. This is the way it sits

Attachments

• 2C9C098E-4F0E-422C-A091-F83A0F870067.jpg
    2C9C098E-4F0E-422C-A091-F83A0F870067.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 35

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
It will never be perfect and you’ll wear through parts a bit faster unless you upgrade them. Better tie rods, aftermarket UCAs, and a good set of 0-2” shocks and it’ll survive decently. Best way is a 4” lift turned way down.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Id lower it back down until the tires just clear, then do the valence / fender mods....or put a lift kit on like said above. Higher front than rear just doesn't look right to me.
I have a customer on the route who cranked his bars as high as he could possibly go on his 02. It's blatant that he has horrible front geometry. It's got to ride and handle like a buck board wagen. It's been like that for years, but he doesn't seem to mind. Crazy.

Jberger93

Sep 25, 2019
Pittsburgh Pa
Id lower it back down until the tires just clear, then do the valence / fender mods....or put a lift kit on like said above. Higher front than rear just doesn't look right to me.
I have a customer on the route who cranked his bars as high as he could possibly go on his 02. It's blatant that he has horrible front geometry. It's got to ride and handle like a buck board wagen. It's been like that for years, but he doesn't seem to mind. Crazy.

I planned on holding off until Black Friday/cyber Monday to buy my lift . Truck just needs to get inspected tomorrow so I can’t have them rubbing . Do you think this will be ok for a week or two ?

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
I planned on holding off until Black Friday/cyber Monday to buy my lift . Truck just needs to get inspected tomorrow so I can’t have them rubbing . Do you think this will be ok for a week or two ?

Don’t do anything stupid and you’ll be fine for that long.