Crank / Cam Signal Emulator

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
That's what I had in mind. My little $30 Saleae knock off doesn't give ya voltage to duty. But I might grab my buddies SnapOn scope and log both a stock truck and this bench setup to see whats different.

I really want to replicate that misfire issue we experienced to rule out any reflector or harmonics related issues before I go hammering on those boat engines. When both engines shared same dyno harness, and one misfired violently, and the other logged misfires but ran fine, makes ya wonder.

Last edited:

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Is it possible it was just the infamous belt static electricity issue you got on the dyno but not here because, well no belt?

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
We went over it end to end checking ground resistance, battery banks wiring, ecm grounded, ungrounded, nothing made a difference. Then when we setup the second engine, we lifted the bail connecters up and away from the injectors, and it never cut out once. Neither engine had a factory bail mount on the cover, so they were laying on the injector lines.

After showing the scope capture of misfires to a few engineering minds, they all concluded it was most likely interference by the pattern.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk