cr 5.9 calling me out

outcast

Jan 27, 2014
mo
I haven't raced anybody yet with my new tunes and a rich boy called me out saying he'll run the doors off my truck . He has a CR 5.9 with a built auto and a smart ass tuner (smarty). You'll think I can beat him ?

outcast

Jan 27, 2014
mo
He is a ccsb and I got the last of my front end parts in yesterday so hopefully I can get it all put on soon and not have to worry about breaking anything

outcast

Jan 27, 2014
mo
I got the moog problem solver tie rods and rough country sleeves but the sleeves are to small and won't go over the rods. Hopefully I can drill them out and make them work.

outcast

Jan 27, 2014
mo
yeah i know the kid pretty good and we live in a small town so everybody knows everything about you.

Ill have to get my steering parts on this weekend and give him a call and line them up should be fun just to see what i got.

outcast

Jan 27, 2014
mo
4wd launches do you guys leave them in 4x4 or do you take it out once you get going? never done it before

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
You can take it out of 4WD just so you don't forget, but it won't unlock until you get the load off the driveline. It takes some coasting or probably shifting it into N.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
It not a bad habit to get into. I have waited before only to not have it unlock by the time I needed to turn. Man that hard on shit and I would hate to stop in the way. On my truck I have to shift into N once or twice, because it won't unlock coasting normally.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Mine engages/disengages really smooth I only have to let of a little to get it to disengage.

I leave my truck in 4x4 for most of the winter. Turns good enough on any surface I don't really care to take it out.

weazel

Oct 5, 2011
Mason, TX
man, if all hes got is a Dummy tuner, youll walk his dog, even in 2wd. my megacab had a Dummy, with a turbo and dual disc, in 2wd VS my wifes 2wd chevy. when i got to 6th gear, and with the chevy in the heavy tow tune, that thing blew by me like i was standing still!! :eek: Dummy was on SW5 and the tow tune was maybe a 60hp tune.

also had another instance, kid in an 06 Cummins with a Dummy, AD150, and a couple other things done to it, he took me from a dig, barely, but i quickly caught up and left him no problem. that was in the same heavy tow tune. i started messing with him, id let him catch up just about the front tire, then id give it a little fuel, and leave him to about 3 car lengths, then let him catch up again and start it over hahaha. he was pretty mad, so to keep him from crying, i quit and went on about my business.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
I think you're gonna get spanked. The built trans he has is a game changer.

That lvl 8 and 9 smarty pull real hard on built trans CR's with a lift pump.
If your trans was built it would be a no brainer.