CP3 To Water Pump Mounting

Trippin

SoCal Diesel
Aug 10, 2006
I've had a lot of requests for this part. We finished up the engineering and made some prototypes for last years racing season. Everything tested great so we made a production run. We identified two possible orientations for the regulator to clear certain applications so both patterns are included. This will require a reverse rotation CP3 and a relocation of the factory water pump.

Sorry for the iphone pics.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 197
  • 2photo.jpg
    2photo.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 174

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
So I would assume you need an electric water pump for starters. What other pieces do you need to change to make this work? Where does one get the HP line and such?

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Who's been running this as a triple setup lately?

Simon, did you ever find a elec water pump that flowed enough?

Guy, you mentioned this about elec water pumps awhile back too, any new thoughts?

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
In a triple setup it may take some idler work but possible. I don't see the need for triple pumps at this time, 150mph in a 6000 lb truck with 26k commanded and 26k supplied with two pumps, but that is just what I have seen.

On the water pump, on Guy's recommendation, we ran two electric pumps (one for each side of the engine) and had good results. I do not believe there is a single 12 volt electric water pump on the market capable of handling race engine head temps.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
In a triple setup it may take some idler work but possible. I don't see the need for triple pumps at this time, 150mph in a 6000 lb truck with 26k commanded and 26k supplied with two pumps, but that is just what I have seen.

On the water pump, on Guy's recommendation, we ran two electric pumps (one for each side of the engine) and had good results. I do not believe there is a single 12 volt electric water pump on the market capable of handling race engine head temps.

Rob do you have the block filled? Are you running water through each head and returning separately to the radiator?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk