Correct Segment #

lamar2388

Nov 16, 2021
When I bought my truck a few months back it was already tuned with 5 tunes and had a 5 position switch installed. I wasn't entirely happy with how it ran and I wanted to learn how to tune myself so I've been messing around with EFI and running my own tunes for about a week now, logging and tweaking stuff constantly and thanks to knowledge gained from Ferm, DAVe3283, JoshH, and piles of others I'm very actually very happy with how things are progressing even though I have a long ways to go yet. Here is my issue though, I don't have access to the original stock tune for the truck, and based on some other (kind of obvious in my opinion) mistakes made by the previous tuner I have no confidence that they had used the correctly segmented base tune to work off of. So I have some internal electronics in the cab that don't quite work properly but I don't know if its just age from being a 17 year old vehicle, abuse by previous owners (very possible), wiring getting screwed up by previous owners not installing wiring correctly for pillar gauges, aftermarket parts, etc, or an incorrect base tune being used, or some combination of all of the above. With the long rambling out of the way, is there any chance someone could tell me what each of the proper #'s are for each segment based on the VIN#? I know I've found multiple threads that reference the one GM website but if I put my VIN in there I can't seem to find what I am looking for. The truck is a 2004 LB7 VIN# 1GCHK23184F118362