correct converter choice

Vmyrhaug

Mar 6, 2016
Norway
lb7 2003.
planning to build trans in future. (very soon)
sac45, light ported heads, ported stock turbo, 3" ybride, ported turbo horn, banks ram air intake.
efi live tune, around 400whp(stock trans slipping)
35"tires stock 3,73 ratio

looking for converter thight as possible.
i want too keep rpm as low as possible.
i hate high rpm light load.
truck is road use, with trailer up too 8000lbs noe and then.
ofcoures som wot runs now and then. never racing, pulling.

what is the best out there, as i understand, limitless and goerend is way too go.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
lb7 2003.
planning to build trans in future. (very soon)
sac45, light ported heads, ported stock turbo, 3" ybride, ported turbo horn, banks ram air intake.
efi live tune, around 400whp(stock trans slipping)
35"tires stock 3,73 ratio

looking for converter thight as possible.
i want too keep rpm as low as possible.

i hate high rpm light load.
truck is road use, with trailer up too 8000lbs noe and then.
ofcoures som wot runs now and then. never racing, pulling.

what is the best out there, as i understand, limitless and goerend is way too go.
That is not quite how converters work, they have no effect on RPM post lockup. I do think you're on the right track with seeking recommendations tho as there are more options than most guys have individually tried.

Personally I would get a Goerend G or X if staying stock turbo, if you have goals of ever upgrading the valley turbocharger then I would go with a Goerend R/DK/DL. The Limitless 1077 and 1078 are good choices as well, I just personally am a Goerend guy.

I sent you a PM as well.

Reactions: Vmyrhaug

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
The X is pretty tight. The G is a little looser than the X but still a little tighter than stock.

Reactions: Vmyrhaug

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
You may want to call Evan and see what he says. He sells and has driven all of these converters and he can discuss the coupling differences and make a good suggestion for you. It may save you a lot of research and a sea of opinions to interpret. You'll get great advice here (and you are!) but I think the 1:1 on a call would help you a lot in narrowing down what you want and what converter options fit your criterion.

Reactions: Leadfoot