Coolant tank issue

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
I put a HSP fabbed coolant tank on my LBZ when I put my twin kit on and now I'm having an issue with coolant leaking out of the threads of the low coolant sensor. Anyone else seen or fixed this issue?

Corey

Edit: it's giving me a low coolant light but when I checked it, it's still full?

Last edited:

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Did you put thread sealant on the sensor? Mark which way is up right now then pull it out and see if that relates to how the float is on it. I think there was a little arrow on the one I installed that had to point up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
I did, but I guess it wasn't enough. So I'll be redoing that this afternoon!

Thank you!

Corey

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I did, but I guess it wasn't enough. So I'll be redoing that this afternoon!

Thank you!

Corey

Let me know if that helps. I used normal ole Teflon tape for a few wraps and then installed and made the arrow point up.

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
Did you put thread sealant on the sensor? Mark which way is up right now then pull it out and see if that relates to how the float is on it. I think there was a little arrow on the one I installed that had to point up

What thread sealant is recommended?

Corey

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
Let me know if that helps. I used normal ole Teflon tape for a few wraps and then installed and made the arrow point up.

That's what I was wanting to know. I guess what I used the first time was bad as it's been in my toolbox forever.

Corey