COOLANT IN OIL

Freddo123

May 28, 2021
Hey guys need help! I'm looking at a 01 lb7. Guy says the water pump was leaking so he had that replaced by a buddy and he had coolant in oil afterwards. Then he replaced the oil pump still nothing. Does this sound right ? I don't wanna get beat. I'm the truck has a built motor built trans with new injectors and head gaskets and studs. He says he thinks his buddy fucked up the seal / o ring and that's what's causing it. Hard fix ? Please let me know. Thanks .

Freddo123

May 28, 2021
Yeah true i just really liked it haha. But this is true. Says he has 3 other trucks and he's done fucking with it

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I would hope it’s cheap enough to build another motor and come out ahead. If not I’d walk

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
I’m not being a smart ass but, There is a difference of being “built” and built right. It also could have a internal block crack and just happed the be found during the water pump swap.

Reactions: 1FastBrick

Freddo123

May 28, 2021
That's true. I was thinking that also. He kept telling me he was gonna just fix it and keep it but that never happened. So idk . I think I'm gonna pass. As much as i want it i don't want a huge head ache.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Because he wants your Money and his current Headache gone....

If it was "built" where is all the supporting documentation???

Freddo123

May 28, 2021
Yeah he's not budging on the price. I'll probably pass. Sucks because it's a nice setup truck. Shame. If i could get it cheap enough I'd take the gamble but 8500 is too much for something that may or may not be a water pump