Converter change / rebuild

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Just looking for anyone who has had a Suncoast converter changed or rebuilt, some insight maybe? This 1056 is getting some miles on it, and I will admit wasn't brand new when I put it in circa 2011. I called Goerend because I hear fantastic things, but Dave (I think) was kind of wishy washy about another brand when I asked about modifying and refreshing it (which I completely understand). I also talked to the tech line at Suncoast, guy acted like the converter shop could do whatever I needed (asked about changing it to a 1074). Was supposed to call me back sometime, still waiting. Back before I stuck the 1056 in, Suncoast told me a refresh was $350 when I stopped by their booth at Scheids

Anyway, that's my rant for now, what do you guys think the best route would be?

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Goerend always treated me like gold. They have reman'd probably 6 of their G's for me. They have even refreshed a Suncoast 1053 for me, using Suncoast parts i believe.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: PureHybrid

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Well it was good talking to Mike for a bit, somehow makes you question everything you'd previously made a decision on haha.

Probably going to try and sell this 1056 and buy a Goerend R. If anyone has an R or a 1078 for sale let me know

Reactions: TheBac

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Yes, Mike has a way of doing that...but thats a good thing. He'd never steer someone the wrong way....