LMM: Connector directory?

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
Is there an illustrated connector layout for the LMM? there are several connectors laying around on the engine not connected to anything and I would like to know what they go to, it would also be nice to know what sensors are necessary for operation and where they are, there seems to be two water temp sensors, one by the thermostat housing and one on the side of the block, I have seen pictures of engines with and without the sensor between the intercooler and the intake so maybe some are optional?

The engine has had a EGR delete applied so I would guess that would account for some of the loose connectors, I can chase them all down using the schematics and color codes on the wires but there may be an easier way....

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Why dont you take some good pictures of the connectors (out far enough to show their location relative to other parts) and post them. That will help us help you.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Did any emissions parts fall off the truck at some point in its life?

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
There is allot of stuff not connected, if it was all connected I would not be looking for this resource, yes the EGR fell off when it belonged to someone else, it is going in a emissions exempt vehicle anyway, is it my imagination or does this thing have a bowtie bell housing pattern?

Last edited:

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
One issue is I cannot find any harness schematics, that is to say a schematic for each harness, what I have found are schematics for each "system" for example there is one for the charging system, it shows everything from the ECM control lines to the batteries to the alt. including the connectors allong the way, so I will have to go through each system to root out the unnecessary wiring, seems to be much more time consuming than if I could get a complete detailed schematic for each of the many harnesses on the truck.