Congrats CC Read, 2 million!

C.C.Reed

May 1, 2008
Thanks.

Hopefully, I can grab up a large multicore folding option/home server soon. I have a quad Opteron 8356 tower (16 core @ 2.3GHz) available to me for ~$600 sans power supply which is a great deal but I am really looking for more than 16 cores. . . as in 48. :angel: Hell, I may pick it up anyway.

My GPUs have taken a beating in the last couple of months.

I have been letting my little low-pro 430 run but I really need to RMA it. It has been running for a month with the top off the case and a 120 mm fan laying on it. The stock fan locked up and doesn't work at all. One of my 460s apparently had a manufacturing defect and tossed one of the blades off the fan. I sent it back to EVGA last week.

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
Thanks.

Hopefully, I can grab up a large multicore folding option/home server soon. I have a quad Opteron 8356 tower (16 core @ 2.3GHz) available to me for ~$600 sans power supply which is a great deal but I am really looking for more than 16 cores. . . as in 48. :angel: Hell, I may pick it up anyway.

My GPUs have taken a beating in the last couple of months.

I have been letting my little low-pro 430 run but I really need to RMA it. It has been running for a month with the top off the case and a 120 mm fan laying on it. The stock fan locked up and doesn't work at all. One of my 460s apparently had a manufacturing defect and tossed one of the blades off the fan. I sent it back to EVGA last week.

Congrats :coolspot:

I have a 16 core Opteron server I am going to try. I'll let you know how it goes and maybe help you make up your mind.

I too would like a 48 core but damnnnnn.... not in my budget. Let me know how that goes... :D

Good luck getting your parts back, keep the points ticking.