Component questions

Budneeds2beers

Aka Mike Honcho....
Aug 25, 2016
Cali
From my digging around here for to long I came across an old driveshaft post. It gave all the part numbers for the conversion. My question is, is this everything needed to order?

The carrier bearing support needs to be removed, the driveline would be to long for 2x4 long bed crew cab and extended cab trucks, the 4x4 models is just right...

Driveshaft: PN 23251132 $422.10

Pinion yolk kit: PN 19257639 $127.50 This part comes with a new seal, washer, and nut so no need to order the pinion seal separately.

Retainer: PN 23170499 $7.78 NEED 2 this is the u joint strap.

Retainer bolt: PN 11548472 NEED 4 these are your strap bolts. You can use the old ones but I chose to get new.
I also chose to replace the transfer case output seal, this is a pricey one and you may or may not want to do it.

Seal: PN 12478093 $62.04

And does anyone have a good price for a complete kryptonite steering system? (You can pm me).
Well the time has finally come to lift the truck (I will make a new post for that) and these are hopefully the last pieces of the suspension puzzle. Thanks for your help guys/gals.

Truck is 04.5 cclb w/t

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
From my digging around here for to long I came across an old driveshaft post. It gave all the part numbers for the conversion. My question is, is this everything needed to order?

The carrier bearing support needs to be removed, the driveline would be to long for 2x4 long bed crew cab and extended cab trucks, the 4x4 models is just right...

Driveshaft: PN 23251132 $422.10

Pinion yolk kit: PN 19257639 $127.50 This part comes with a new seal, washer, and nut so no need to order the pinion seal separately.

Retainer: PN 23170499 $7.78 NEED 2 this is the u joint strap.

Retainer bolt: PN 11548472 NEED 4 these are your strap bolts. You can use the old ones but I chose to get new.
I also chose to replace the transfer case output seal, this is a pricey one and you may or may not want to do it.

Seal: PN 12478093 $62.04

And does anyone have a good price for a complete kryptonite steering system? (You can pm me).
Well the time has finally come to lift the truck (I will make a new post for that) and these are hopefully the last pieces of the suspension puzzle. Thanks for your help guys/gals.

Truck is 04.5 cclb w/t
Get with Brad. Bdsankey on here for your Kryptonite. He is an authorized dealer of their product's as well as a forum sponsor.
I got my Kryptonite stuff through him.

I am still trying to find a The Mythical upgraded steering box, But I have been dealing with some other projects and not really driving the truck or paying it much attention accept Today...

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
So you're converting a Crew Long from a two piece to a single piece shaft? Are all those part numbers from GM?

If you have a local drive line shop, will be a lot easier and probably cheaper just to have them cut your old shaft up and use the yokes from it for a new single piece.

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
So you're converting a Crew Long from a two piece to a single piece shaft? Are all those part numbers from GM?

If you have a local drive line shop, will be a lot easier and probably cheaper just to have them cut your old shaft up and use the yokes from it for a new single piece.

when I did mine it was cheaper to just buy the factory GM shaft. I got up 2-3 different shops in Columbus

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
when I did mine it was cheaper to just buy the factory GM shaft. I got up 2-3 different shops in Columbus

Gm shaft that reasonable, or your driveline shop bending you over? :ROFLMAO:

Super Duty here locally will usually build a shaft sub $300 if you have the yokes already

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
Gm shaft that reasonable, or your driveline shop bending you over? :ROFLMAO:

Super Duty here locally will usually build a shaft sub $300 if you have the yokes already

i paid under 400 for a factory gm shaft with new u joints at the time. I want to say it was 36?.??

idk. Could be but it seemed they all were within the same range. But you know we got that big city pricing gouge for overhead going on.

Budneeds2beers

Aka Mike Honcho....
Aug 25, 2016
Cali
Thanks brick. I will get in touch with him. Rather see a member getting my money then Dmaxstore.

I thought about utilizing my driveshaft but I want the bigger u-joints. Don't get me wrong I’m not pushing a ton of power but with the weight of these trucks especially when your carrying some speed out in the desert its the how long game. So its just cheap insurance.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your original post, but is your truck a 2 or 4 wheel drive?