Colorado diesel test drive

Micheal Tomac

been pulling forever
Aug 12, 2008
MI
I test drove a Colorado diesel last Saturday. Having never driven a new Colorado or Canyon before I was not surprised that it was light years ahead of the previous generation in ride, handling, interior quality and styling. The Colorado diesel I drove was a red CCLB 4x4 Z71 with 3.42 axle ratio. It was well equipped, but not loaded and had a price tag of $41,260 including $3905 for the 2.8L Duramax. The engine had good power and worked well with the 6 speed auto transmission but it will not wow you if you're running it like a gasser in the upper rpm range. The little 2.8L Duramax is more impressive in the low and mid rpm range where a diesel engine is suppose to work.

destroked dan

Destroked
Aug 3, 2009
Kokomo,IN
I love mine. Ive had it 2.5 weeks and have almost 2k miles on it. Averaging 25-27mpg mixed city/rural driving. Wish they would have released this truck years ago. Would have never owned a full size for daily driving.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
i test drove one yesterday. drove good, easy to maneuver, etc. the only thing i didn't like was it felt a little cramped inside. my jetta feels like it has more room. other than that it seemed like a real nice truck