Cold anyone?

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
Found this conversion.

(*F) = (*C) x 9/5 + 32

The supposed worst winter storm of the year is just starting here and is to last until tomorrow night. It could be 4-8" of snow, could be all ice, probably won't be anything.

jpowel29

Feb 1, 2008
Bentonville, Arkansas
We got hit with just under 2" of ice today and they are forcasting another .50" by morning. Streets look like a war zone - power lines & trees block a lot of the neighborhoods. I am thankful I live close to the power service station and our power lines are buried under the ground.

Well our weather prediction has been slightly out :( It's been hotter than expected. We've had between 43 and 46 C (110 through 115F) for the last 3 days. It's been dipping at night to low 90's through high 80's.

I actually like the heat usually, but this is just too much! The next 7 days is all going to be low to mid 30's (85-95F) which is a little more bearable for the kids going back to school.

Given you guys in the USA and Canada are having unusually cold weather, I think the myth of global warming has been dispelled.

Cheers
Cindy

camomax

pushing the limits
Nov 5, 2008
Florida
Second full day of no electric or phone. Temp going to zero tonight. Every tree on our property is covered with ice, and bent 90 degrees, just waiting to snap. Kids are going crazy, and therefore driving me and the wife crazy. Whole town is under "State of emergency".(didnt know "towns" could do that) ........However, the generator is powering the fridge, wood furnace, satelite TV, and laptop!! HILLBILLY HEAVEN!!:D

Samdweezel05

Jul 21, 2008
Well our weather prediction has been slightly out :( It's been hotter than expected. We've had between 43 and 46 C (110 through 115F) for the last 3 days. It's been dipping at night to low 90's through high 80's.

I actually like the heat usually, but this is just too much! The next 7 days is all going to be low to mid 30's (85-95F) which is a little more bearable for the kids going back to school.

Given you guys in the USA and Canada are having unusually cold weather, I think the myth of global warming has been dispelled.

Cheers
Cindy

Nothing unusual about it. we usualy get a couple of weeks when it won't go above 0*F. Super hot here, in Upstate New York, in the summer is about 105*F. Most of the time it is in the 70's and 80's.

Samdweezel05

Jul 21, 2008
Second full day of no electric or phone. Temp going to zero tonight. Every tree on our property is covered with ice, and bent 90 degrees, just waiting to snap. Kids are going crazy, and therefore driving me and the wife crazy. Whole town is under "State of emergency".(didnt know "towns" could do that) ........However, the generator is powering the fridge, wood furnace, satelite TV, and laptop!! HILLBILLY HEAVEN!!:D

We had an ice storm here in 1998. Same thing. Broke every tree in the area. Went without power for 12 days. Our generator ran 24/7 and powered the important stuff. Laptop, fridge, big screen tv, suround sound, nintendo 64, well pump and the boiler for heat and hot water. We roughed around our house for a couple of weeks.:) This was about 10 miles from my house.

http://www.congersfd.org/pics_pages/1998_ice_storm.htm

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state

columbus aint a town.... its a city :rofl:

camomax

pushing the limits
Nov 5, 2008
Florida
We had an ice storm here in 1998. Same thing. Broke every tree in the area. Went without power for 12 days. Our generator ran 24/7 and powered the important stuff. Laptop, fridge, big screen tv, suround sound, nintendo 64, well pump and the boiler for heat and hot water. We roughed around our house for a couple of weeks.:) This was about 10 miles from my house.

http://www.congersfd.org/pics_pages/1998_ice_storm.htm

12 DAYS!!!, I love living in the country, but this "Little house on the prarie" chit is for the birds!! Day 3...still no power. Feed the fire, fill the generator, read a thread, and repeat. My 5 year old said he is leaving home tomorrow and heading for Florida if the electric is not on.:D Not a bad idea.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
man got a heat wave today... im running aorund wth bibs and a tee on splititng wood and other house hold chores that need to get done b4 the next cold front come in abuot 48 hours

msjdgman

Jan 13, 2009
SW Michigan
Wow...hit 40 early this afternoon. Even had a few minutes to slip into the car wash just to get the first layer of ice and road salt/grime off the truck. The trucks already dirty from wet road spray getting home, but at least it`s a whole lot cleaner...I probably left 300 lb ice/crap at the car wash. It is supposed to return to cold for the week...but not into the deepfreeze.

Sorry about you all dealing with the ice and no power...been there, done that, and it ain`t no fun. I feel for ya.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Its warm here too, just got done washing the dmax. I can't stand road salt and wanted to get it off asap.

It won't stay clean for long though, supposed to snow tomorrow night and Tuesday :mad:

just got my tittle changed form cali... tags expired 1-31-09 ohio does it my b-day... which is 2-6-09 not paying 30 buck for 6 days of registration :rofl:

its parked for 6 days till friday when i get new plate and tags for 50? bucks alot better then ~700 for california :eek:

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
just got my tittle changed form cali... tags expired 1-31-09 ohio does it my b-day... which is 2-6-09 not paying 30 buck for 6 days of registration :rofl:

its parked for 6 days till friday when i get new plate and tags for 50? bucks alot better then ~700 for california :eek:

$700 :eek: PA is $170 for my truck, I thought that was outrageous. Mine runs out of inspection this month, so I have to get it inspected.

I wish I could park mine through winter, but it is my DD.
They put cinders on the road to chip my paint, and then a chemical that oxidizes bare metal as soon as it touches it WTF? :banghead: :mad: Glad my $170 registration fee is going to good use.

Sorry rant over :D

LBZ DMAX

Nov 7, 2006
Fontana, CA

what were you doing?? paying two months late or what?!?!:rolleyes: