Clutch fluid

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
What are y'all running for clutch fluid? I put DOT4 in my truck when I did the swap in March. The pedal is great when cold but as it warms up and heat soaks the pedal gets soft. Cold the clutch releases about 3/4 of the way down. When hot I have to bury the pedal into the floor mat. My 3 month old fluid is already black as motor oil too.

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Wonder if that fluid is any good. I might give it a shot. Anyone know if the "clutch fluid" you buy at the parts store is any better than DOT4?

I also wonder how plain old hydraulic fluid would do. If it were an external slave I'd probably try the hydraulic fluid since both master and slave are lifetime warranty Dorman pieces. But I really don't want to drop the trans if it doesn't work.

slipclutchms

May 24, 2010
I have a braided line.....I machined adapters to slide into the factory master and slave to convert them to -3AN/JIC.

I can send the print to anyone interested in making more adapters.

Dylan

slipclutchms

May 24, 2010
Its been awhile.....it was -4.

I PDF'd the print.

Attachments

• -4 clutch adapter fitting.PDF
    124.2 KB · Views: 12

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Would that fat line allow more pressure in a shorter stroke? Like so I wouldn't have to put the pedal to the floor
Probably not since It don't compress but figured I'd ask

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Would that fat line allow more pressure in a shorter stroke? Like so I wouldn't have to put the pedal to the floor
Probably not since It don't compress but figured I'd ask

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The stroke on the clutch master cylinder would I'm pretty sure. If u went aftermarket. Or if u made an adjustable pedal where the rod could mount in different spots on the pedal rod changing the throw