Clutch drag

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I've got a zf6 swapped in my lbz. When in 4low first gear I rev it to about 25-3000k area it starts to go with pedal all the way on the floor. It's a triple disk sbc. Another example, rear axle on jack stands any gear with pedal to the floor the tires turn. Is that possible I shoulda shimmed the clutch pedal off the firewall? Or I just need to bleed it out more? It's been bled pretty good before the season started with a vacuum bleeder. It's got dot 3 brake fluid in it, have no idea what gm says to use I just had that on the shelf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dirty_max

Jan 27, 2013
eureka il
my valair pulling clutch did something similar, but eventually got to where I could not disengage the clutch at all. it turned out to be the adjustment nuts for the levers had backed off. not sure if your pressure plate is that style or not though

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
my valair pulling clutch did something similar, but eventually got to where I could not disengage the clutch at all. it turned out to be the adjustment nuts for the levers had backed off. not sure if your pressure plate is that style or not though

I'm not sure the southbend has adjustments on it? What's the difference in 3 and 4 fluid?

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
My truck red lighted a few times because of this. Creeped up over the line on me. From what I was told it's all the rotating mass turning and the fact that the discs can bounce around and hit the floater plates and makes it creep. This last clutch south bend lightened the discs for me and they said it should help.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
It does have weights on the fingers. I've heard ppl say when they bring Rpms up their pedal will start to come up. But I've never had that happen. It's one the floor the whole time and starts to grab

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
That sounds like a mc or slave issue. The weights maybe causing the pressure to become more than the seals can take and the fuild is bleeding back

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
This is a brand new slave this season. My old one sprung a leak I luckily found as I was putting the engine back a few months ago. The master is either 2 years old or 1 year I can't remember

If that were the case would I be able to see the fluid level raise while free revving clutch pressed