Cluster programming 2017

jussi70

Dec 14, 2017
Finland
Hello
I have to programming new cluster for my silverado duramax 2017. I have a flood/water accident car here in Finland.
I have GM MDI programmer, I do programming via SPS. Now I have to do programming via USB stick because clusters info displaydidint work without this programming.
Problem is salvage title, GM Techline didint tell me VCI code and I need it with USB programming.
Could you tell me how can I get that code?
Or do I have some other way?
Denali cluster, (https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/product/denali-cluster-upgrade-retrofit-k2/) they didint ship to Finland and I have new silverado cluster : (

Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax 6.6 litre Diesel 2017

If someone have to sell used cluster (lower mile than 25000 mile) and ship to Finland. I am interesting : )

Br. Jussi

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I'm not sure about 2500 and 3500 trucks, but I know you can't make a used cluster work in a 2017 1500 because of GM's new security protocols and global IDs that are written into the modules when they are programmed and powered up in a new truck. I'll ask my buddy to be sure though.

jussi70

Dec 14, 2017
Finland
I'm not sure about 2500 and 3500 trucks, but I know you can't make a used cluster work in a 2017 1500 because of GM's new security protocols and global IDs that are written into the modules when they are programmed and powered up in a new truck. I'll ask my buddy to be sure though.
Thank you JoshH,
I waiting your confirmation.
Anyone know how I can get VCI code for my car?
This truck is with salvage title, GM Techline comment, no support...
VIN 1GC1KWEY4HF220055

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
He said they do have the code in them, but as long as you don't have any active theft codes, it shouldn't be a problem. He also said you can get a cluster preprogrammed to your truck from a company called White Automotive & Media Services.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
White does really good work but can be a bit difficult to get ahold of. Email was the best way.