Stock Rod bearings CB-1805-P $180.00 shipped
Stock Main bearings MS-2218-P $100.00 shipped
Thrust Bearing TW-610S $39.00 shipped

Buy above as a kit for 270.00 shipped

Rods CB-1805-H $230.00
Mains Bearings MS-2218-H $180.00
Thrust Bearings TW-610S $39.00

Buy Above as a kit for 350.00 shipped

P-Series main bearings are the oldest members of the Clevite 77 bearing family and are intended for high-revving engines. To compensate for the high-load factors and distortion in these engines, these bearings have higher eccentricity and a high crush factor. P-Series bearings are built on steel backings with extra-thin overlays to prevent overlay fatigue. In addition, the oil grooves on most applications extend all the way around both halves for better oiling.

H-Series main bearings were developed primarily for NASCAR racing, but are well suited to other types of competition engines as well. They're especially good for engines that run at medium-to-high revs. They have steel backings with carefully selected overlays and a high crush factor, plus a medium level of eccentricity. H-Series bearings have enlarged chamfers at the sides for greater crank-fillet clearance and are made without flash plating for better seating. They're also available with either 180 degree or 360 degree oil grooves, as well as an extra 0.001 in. of clearance.

CleviteHeavyDutyMainBearingMS-2218H.jpg

Setof8CleviteRodBearingsCB-1805H.jpg

MahleThrustBearings.jpg

Last edited:

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Henry, hey can you tell me what the difference is between the two kits/products? :dontknow::baby:

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Henry, hey can you tell me what the difference is between the two kits/products? :dontknow::baby:
Just edited the post to help out and show the differences.

P-Series main bearings are the oldest members of the Clevite 77 bearing family and are intended for high-revving engines. To compensate for the high-load factors and distortion in these engines, these bearings have higher eccentricity and a high crush factor. P-Series bearings are built on steel backings with extra-thin overlays to prevent overlay fatigue. In addition, the oil grooves on most applications extend all the way around both halves for better oiling.

H-Series main bearings were developed primarily for NASCAR racing, but are well suited to other types of competition engines as well. They're especially good for engines that run at medium-to-high revs. They have steel backings with carefully selected overlays and a high crush factor, plus a medium level of eccentricity. H-Series bearings have enlarged chamfers at the sides for greater crank-fillet clearance and are made without flash plating for better seating. They're also available with either 180 degree or 360 degree oil grooves, as well as an extra 0.001 in. of clearance.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Wow, killer info Henry, thanks buddy:hug:

Now can you spell it out in layman terms;).....so I understand what suits the needs of a tuned duramax, intended for towing and daily driving, but a lot of street abuse, engine braking and 3500-4500 peak rpm...I'm only guessing, but I imagine the P-series is what I would want for that, and the H-series would be more suited to a dedicated competition truck:confused:

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Wow, killer info Henry, thanks buddy:hug:

Now can you spell it out in layman terms;).....so I understand what suits the needs of a tuned duramax, intended for towing and daily driving, but a lot of street abuse, engine braking and 3500-4500 peak rpm...I'm only guessing, but I imagine the P-series is what I would want for that, and the H-series would be more suited to a dedicated competition truck:confused:

Almost 5 years down in July and 78k on my build I'm running P series but there was no H Series out at that time. Most want to nickle and dime and run P but the H offers more fine tuned sizes for the bud were limited to really what the machine shop says in size also. Some builds your only way to go is H but after you already spent the money on the rest of the good parts a few extra bucks on a higher performance series bearing will not hurt many people.