Chassis Dyno ordered!

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
I decided to go ahead and get the Chassis Dyno coming. Looks like it won't be done till February though.

Hopefully this will allow us to do a lot more testing on our parts. It was getting pretty tuff finding the time to travel somewhere to do before and after testing.

We might also actually post some results now.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Are you going to open it to the public or forum members?? I'd much rather use yours than one from an unknown shop.. Plus your not far away!

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Pro-Fab -The only brand there is IMO

I think that was directed at Rick about the dyno. I'm curious what brand you decided on too. I'm really wanting a dyno, but it's hard to justify spending the money. Maybe I'll get into tuning gassers, then it'll pretty much be a requirement, and I can talk myself into it more easily... :D

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
Dynocom is the brand. They are fairly well known. Several of my dealers have them and so far they all speak highly of them.

Maybe we could do a dyno day this summer when we get it set up and learn how to use it.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Congratulations Rick!
That's a big purchase, I'm sure you'll recover the cost in no time once you start running it for the public

Having the ability to test parts is priceless tho
:thumb: :woott: :thumb:

Fiesty

Sep 21, 2014
Awesome Rick. I drove by the shop a couple weeks ago. Off a gravel road? big shop behind your house?

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
I'm sure you'll recover the cost in no time once you start running it for the public

Having the ability to test parts is priceless tho
:thumb: :woott: :thumb:

Congrats Rick!

I don't think they ever pay for themselves by selling dyno time but sure are a blast. We have dyno'd Dustin on a bicycle, our golf cart, 4 wheelers, really anything with wheels.

They sure are handy for testing and diagnosing truck problems. Good Load cells rock!