centerlink brace

dankeith1975250

Sep 1, 2012
pa
I recently got ur centerlink brace, and i was wondering how long does that hard plastic piece that rubs along the dif last and do u sell replacements of them

Kappa9012

MAN.... I Broke it again.
Aug 5, 2008
Peoria Il
the plastic piece looks like delrin which is a pretty hard material and wears really well. I'm sure Tony will chime in, but not having the brace on yet, does it contact all the time?

I'll be getting one myself as it seems like the best option to prevent center link flex and not lose turning radius as well as burn up tires at a high rate.

dankeith1975250

Sep 1, 2012
pa
The brace seems like it rubs all the time and yes its really hard plastic material, i have had mine on like 200 miles and there is a notch in the plastic where it usually rides, steering seems a lil tighter at first but ok now, and it works great pulled with it and i wasnt fighting the truck down the track like before, but still have to lower t bars for 4x4 launches

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
The brace seems like it rubs all the time and yes its really hard plastic material, i have had mine on like 200 miles and there is a notch in the plastic where it usually rides, steering seems a lil tighter at first but ok now, and it works great pulled with it and i wasnt fighting the truck down the track like before, but still have to lower t bars for 4x4 launches

the plastic piece looks like delrin which is a pretty hard material and wears really well. I'm sure Tony will chime in, but not having the brace on yet, does it contact all the time?

I'll be getting one myself as it seems like the best option to prevent center link flex and not lose turning radius as well as burn up tires at a high rate.

Anytime the truck steering is turned or you use 4wd the diff will be in contact with the plastic bar.

Kappa9012

MAN.... I Broke it again.
Aug 5, 2008
Peoria Il
interesting. well either way, it'll be the next addition to the truck. I am more than willing to replace a piece of plastic vs. a busted tie rod.

dankeith1975250

Sep 1, 2012
pa
Yea replacing a piece of plastic is def better than a busted tie rod, and u mite want to look into a t case brace if u dont have one, i got one of those of all season at the same time i order my centerlink bracket