Casper is testing a new converter design from Mike L.

JOHNBOY

< Rocking the Big Single!
Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
:) I was just guessing.

I know that when I put a bigger charger on my GN it was a bitch to luanch hard. I got a higher stall converter with lock up. Oh my god what a difference!

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
George aka Bigdipper was saying that a high stall might help me with the gt4094.I'll try one hehe

George knows all about this converter. He is wanting to test it. I wanted to test 2 of them so I installed one in a dualli thats going into DPS for big turbo and other goodies but was stock for now. It worked very well on that heavy truck with no power yet. Casper got the second one. I felt a difference in Caspers takeoff with just normal driving. The converter is not as tight as a 1057 but tighter than a tts ( built by Precision also ).

dieselson

Oct 14, 2006
Huntington Beach, CA
George knows all about this converter. He is wanting to test it. I wanted to test 2 of them so I installed one in a dualli thats going into DPS for big turbo and other goodies but was stock for now. It worked very well on that heavy truck with no power yet. Casper got the second one. I felt a difference in Caspers takeoff with just normal driving. The converter is not as tight as a 1057 but tighter than a tts ( built by Precision also ).

We have an ATS five star, would this be an improvement in track times, we're always looking to pick up a tenth of a second, and off topic sorry, but do you have co pilots?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
We have an ATS five star, would this be an improvement in track times, we're always looking to pick up a tenth of a second, and off topic sorry, but do you have co pilots?

Normaly the converter is not the place to look for better times drag racing unless yours is totaly wrong, and yours is not. The ATS is a good converter keep it. I sell Copilots.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Mike i'm having a hard time spooling the turbo was at 2100 and I might of had 2 to 3 psi of boost. it came a live about 20' out the hole.wish I knew about this when George did the trans 2 weeks ago would of loved testing one for you.it has the 1057 in it, If you ever new a test truck let George know and I will leave the truck at work for him to play with.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Well if Robert and Pat get done tinkering in time we might hit
LACR tomorrow night to test Casper's new toy :drool:

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
We are going to head to LACR tonight to see what "Tinkering" has accomplished. To see how much more "Tinkering" needs to be done before hitting Famoso next weekend :D

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Well, this converter is the cat's meow (Kat's?) for launching a big charger truck. Kat cut a couple of 1.62's on it and it's far easier to stage with it. Launch RPM needs to move to 2500 up from 2300 with 1057.

dmaxalliTech

Shop Rat
Aug 28, 2006
I got a couple of them Mike L converters here...looking to try one with my truck as well. McRats results look promising....