Can't flash truck back to stock

LucasD76

Apr 24, 2018
So I'm trying to get my truck smogged, its been a god damn nightmare.

I have a 2006 lbz duramax with a idahoRob DSP5 EFILIVE tune. I thought the stock setting on the DSP5 would be good enough to pass smog but apparently its not, the guy at the smog place said 1 module is missing? (no idea what he is talking about).

So I tried using the autocal to return to stock and that doesn't seem like that is an option it only has one "write" option and that is for the tune i already have.

And now it seems like my im locked from even adding a stock tune to the autocal, So i'm just completely shit out of luck or what? At this point I'm about to go buy a new ecu so I can swap it out because it seems like EFI Live could care less about the end users of there products lol

Anyways any other ideas how to get my ecu back to stock?

04chase

Mar 28, 2008
You need a stock file and efi live/autocal or a stock gm tech 2 or mdi . The dsp tunes usually leave egr off and wont have a pass on that readiness test.

should be able to get a file loaded on your autocal though. Have you tried contacting ATP?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

LucasD76

Apr 24, 2018
ATP Doesn't seem like they will be any help. There website is basically just a notification they don't sell tunes anymore and a form to unlink your Autocal.

Unless someone knows a different form of communication, if they could add a stock tune that would be a live saver lol

LucasD76

Apr 24, 2018
Sounds like the only choice. Guess that's what i'll have to do.

You guys normally make up a story for them or just ask them to reflash your ecu?

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
You need a stock file and efi live/autocal or a stock gm tech 2 or mdi . The dsp tunes usually leave egr off and wont have a pass on that readiness test.

should be able to get a file loaded on your autocal though. Have you tried contacting ATP?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It won’t pass because the dsp5 tune changes the calibration number. If it was a single tune it would pass no problem even if the egr was turned off.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
The lack of a stock file is not EFILive’s fault. As said above, the truck fails because the calibration number is different. Try emailing ATP or PMing Rob on here to see if he can get you a bone stock fuel linked to your autocal.

If trying to contact ATP is a dead end then your easiest solution would be to pay a dealer to flash it to stock calibration then reflash with your DSP file after the smog test.

LucasD76

Apr 24, 2018
Where in cali do you live?

Redding

The lack of a stock file is not EFILive’s fault. As said above, the truck fails because the calibration number is different. Try emailing ATP or PMing Rob on here to see if he can get you a bone stock fuel linked to your autocal.

If trying to contact ATP is a dead end then your easiest solution would be to pay a dealer to flash it to stock calibration then reflash with your DSP file after the smog test.

The only part I was mad at EFILive for was because I downloaded a stock tune but i'm not allowed to add any tunes to the Autocal because its locked.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Redding

The only part I was mad at EFILive for was because I downloaded a stock tune but i'm not allowed to add any tunes to the Autocal because its locked.

So you’re mad at Efi live because your tuner didn’t send you a stock file :thumb:
Can’t you read your stock file from the autocal before you tune it for when you need to go back to stock?

rfletes79

Mar 5, 2010
Galt, Ca 95632
You’ll need a new tuner to link to your autocal and write you a new dsp5 tune and get you your stock file. ATP is out of business and cannot get your stock tune on your autocal.

So, the process to fix your issue AND end up with dsp tuning.

Unlink from atp
Link to new tuner
Pay for a new dsp tune
Also receive a stock tune for your truck on your autocal

Now you have 2 tunes on your autocal. A stock tune for when needed. And a dsp tune for when you want.

Or take to the dealer, stock flash it and toss your autocal. Because if you flash your dsp tune in after you pass smog then you’ll be in this same boat 2 yrs from now.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
You’ll need a new tuner to link to your autocal and write you a new dsp5 tune and get you your stock file. ATP is out of business and cannot get your stock tune on your autocal.

So, the process to fix your issue AND end up with dsp tuning.

Unlink from atp
Link to new tuner
Pay for a new dsp tune
Also receive a stock tune for your truck on your autocal

Now you have 2 tunes on your autocal. A stock tune for when needed. And a dsp tune for when you want.

Or take to the dealer, stock flash it and toss your autocal. Because if you flash your dsp tune in after you pass smog then you’ll be in this same boat 2 yrs from now.

He couldn’t have the dealer flash it to stock and read it out using his autocal as a pass thru? Then just flash his dsp5 back on?

rfletes79

Mar 5, 2010
Galt, Ca 95632
LBZ Dsp tunes cannot be read.

The stock tune that was on that ecm went away when he first flashed in the dsp tune years ago.

Yes the dealer can flash in a stock tune.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Doesnt ATP still offer to unlock their autocals for customers? Could've sworn I saw that somewhere.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I'm sure you can find somebody with a V2 to pull the stock tune back out once flashed in from dealer. But, the dealer usually just charges 1 hr of tech time to flash it and that should just be 105 or so. I think it's worth the money not to have to mess around trying to get the factory calibration. The cost to operate a tuned truck is just going up, this was their intention, make it harder to own and operate. It will just get worse from here on...:mad: