Can I get a custom tune for an H&S Tuner?

rrh13441

Mar 24, 2022
I did a delete on my 2012 GMC 2500hd LML and having cooling issues. Is there someone who can do custom ties for my LML using an H&S tuner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rrh13441

Mar 24, 2022
Anyone know where I might get a custom tune for an H&S tuner?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

nope, thats long gone.

how big of a tune are you trying to run on it? did you check thermostats? fan clutch coming on as it should? did you reroute the coolant tube correctly when you deleted the egr?

sneaky98gt

Nov 5, 2013
You're outta luck. Delete tuning is over. Done. No more.

From last week:

$3.1 million in fines, and up to 7 years in prison. Anyone still doing this for-profit is playing Russian roulette with a magazine-loaded pistol.

rrh13441

Mar 24, 2022
So to put it back stock would mean putting on a new EGR, CAT etc? Wow what a waste of money

rrh13441

Mar 24, 2022
Does it mean I’ll get pulled over and fined by the epa for the delete if I live in a place with no emissions requirements?

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Does it mean I’ll get pulled over and fined by the epa for the delete if I live in a place with no emissions requirements?

We are not lawyers and couldnt tell you the answer there. you have to make your own informed decision

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal

Emission tampering is a federal crime so local emissions regulations won't protect you

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Like stated above, there isn't much we can do on the tuning side as removing emission components is illegal in the USA. As for the support for the H&S, those devices haven't been supported for years ever since H&S shut down in the ~2014-2015 timeframe which pretty much killed their aftermarket support via MCC tuning.

Also like stated above, federal emissions requirements trump ANY local requirement. The local requirement simply means you may not get a fine but it is still illegal to do.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin

Let's keep that to your other thread. Short answer is no, those who were doing MCC tuning quit not long after H&S closed shop in 2014-2015 since the devices were no longer produced or supported for repair.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
So what are H&s deleted trucks to do if there are issues?

Then you're SOL? That's like asking what do I do if my computer breaks from a company that is no longer in business, it's called life sadly.

If guys have issues with H&S devices you can either find someone to repair it (a few guys still do I believe) or switch to an in-use platform today.

sneaky98gt

Nov 5, 2013
So to put it back stock would mean putting on a new EGR, CAT etc? Wow what a waste of money

Yup, yup, and definitely yup.

I've been saying this for the last few years: you either have to have a really good business case, or you just have to LOVE owning a diesel to justify it. Between the BS emissions crap and the fact that gas motors have gotten so much better over the last ~10 years, you'd be crazy to buy a diesel nowadays. The EPA has slammed that door closed.

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
You're outta luck. Delete tuning is over. Done. No more.

From last week:

$3.1 million in fines, and up to 7 years in prison. Anyone still doing this for-profit is playing Russian roulette with a magazine-loaded pistol.

Maybe this stuff could get moved to a different thread, but are there still bigger fish to fry or are us small fry going to start get burnt soon as well? I am kind of glad my truck is a 2001, but not like that will stop them from trying.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Maybe this stuff could get moved to a different thread, but are there still bigger fish to fry or are us small fry going to start get burnt soon as well? I am kind of glad my truck is a 2001, but not like that will stop them from trying.
if you sell tuning and its not epa approved, you are at risk of being fined. Big or small. Its been quiet on the gasser side after the first rounds i heard about over a year ago. i have a feeling they are building some big cases on that side and if they win against the gasser crowd, yall better hold your shorts on how shits going to go from there.