C8 Corvette

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Had a black C8 pass me on the freeway the other day. Manufacturer plates. Honestly, I thought it was a Ferrari coming up beside me at first. Really sharp looking car, and very quick from the looks of the way the guy was driving it.

As long as the car is all one color, and not that combination color/black trim/carbonfiber slapped-together-looking ugly angular BS like the C7, it'll work. I think they'll be popular.

catmenace

Jul 31, 2010
Ya, they look great and from what I understand there will be lot you can do to bump the HP if you ever want to do it. Apparently that hp is only the start and they will be coming out with bigger HP models. :thumb:

catmenace

Jul 31, 2010
Except that thing is ugly as sin

you sure are right about that! But you can off road and still go to the track. Also do tank turns, camp, etc.
For a little more sporty look then how about the new Tesal model S/X raven. 0 to 60 in mid 2's and 1/4 in 10.61 or faster.

Having said all that I still love the new C8 and want to buy one. I understand they will be coming out with an electric one in a few years as well.

snowman22

Jan 30, 2018
SoCal
I got to sit in one the other day and it’s going to be an awesome car. My decision will be based around tuning availability and I’ll get a used one in a year or two. (If I don’t buy an AMG wagon first)They are taking 40k unit deposits and the market will be saturated. once the Z06 comes out prices will drop. There seems to be plenty of room for a blower, but there are some structural obstacles that may need a creative solution. I did however lower the median age of the group at the reveal significantly....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Who gives a shit about the Tesla? I just can’t get behind an electric car... I need to here the thump thump and boost whistle... And for the price of one I’ll have a little turbo ls that will stomp it for a fraction of the price.

snowman22

Jan 30, 2018
SoCal
Who gives a shit about the Tesla? I just can’t get behind an electric car... I need to here the thump thump and boost whistle... And for the price of one I’ll have a little turbo ls that will stomp it for a fraction of the price.

I was this way until I got a chance behind a P100D, insane is an understatement. Having instant power at any time can't be explained, if you know you know. The price to own and insure will keep me away for a long time though.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
That's one nice Corvette but my Tesla Model 3 performance will beat it 0 to 60

Until your battery dies...........and you have to spend a day charging it while I stop and fill up in 5 mins or less.

LOL...........follow me thru some twisties and get back to me how well you do with that..........:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

:hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:

C6 ZR1........vs Model 3, I happen to have one of these as well

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-3-performance-vs-chevrolet-corvette-drag-race/

Last edited:

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
I was this way until I got a chance behind a P100D, insane is an understatement. Having instant power at any time can't be explained, if you know you know. The price to own and insure will keep me away for a long time though.

I rode in a P100d with a "Ludicrous Launch"..........it was fast, but like all 4 door sedans, fast in a straight line is great, until some guy in a performance car takes you on a road full of twisties and corners and your brakes fade and your understeer puts you at a disadvantage or in a ditch.

Some clown got cute with me on a highway ramp, 4 lane "on ramp", he did good until I went thru thru the corner glued to the road and hit the straight, after he could not navigate the corner with any certainty his batteries didn't have enough to overcome a 650hp supercharger :roflmao::roflmao:

Because all races are always in a straight line..........:woott::woott::woott::woott:

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I rode in a P100d with a "Ludicrous Launch"..........it was fast, but like all 4 door sedans, fast in a straight line is great, until some guy in a performance car takes you on a road full of twisties and corners and your brakes fade and your understeer puts you at a disadvantage or in a ditch.

Some clown got cute with me on a highway ramp, 4 lane "on ramp", he did good until I went thru thru the corner glued to the road and hit the straight, after he could not navigate the corner with any certainty his batteries didn't have enough to overcome a 650hp supercharger :roflmao::roflmao:

Because all races are always in a straight line..........:woott::woott::woott::woott:

That gives me a damn chubby! :woott::spit::cool:

catmenace

Jul 31, 2010

Yup, I hear ya and love my truck but there is something to be said about pure instant speed.
There were people saying the same thing about horses vs internal combustion not too long ago. They were saying i love the shit rather then the gas smell!!
:woott:

catmenace

Jul 31, 2010

Low center of gravity and regen brakes so no fading like a gasser. Also the model 3 performance made mince meat out of the M3 on a track so I do dispute that the Model 3 Performance is only good in a staight line. https://www.carscoops.com/2019/04/t...urs-the-nurburgring-takes-over-car-after-car/