Byron "slow track" discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcdeutsch731

Nov 4, 2010
Illinois
I don't have time to read all the BS.... But if you think Byron is a shit track you are crazy!! I have drag raced all over the country, and I will put Byron in the top three tracks I've been too. Look at your trap speed. No matter what traction you get your trap speed will always be about the same. My race truck usually pulls 1.3 and goes 165mph. Even if I pull a 1.5 it will still go 165mph

I've been going to the Byron fall race for 5 years now and it's usually cold. Track temp on this last race was 40deg. There is only a couple other tracks you are going to get any traction on at 40deg but Byron seems to do enough track prep to make it work.

I did not bring my race truck this year because it burned up last year at this event, but I did bring my 2015 daily that has HSP piping, Y bridge and PPEI tuning. All I went for was to get some data. The truck went 13.9 @ 97 mph with a 1.8 60ft. So I guess it's the tracks fault the truck is so slow. LOL. On one of the runs I pulled a 2.1 sixty but the truck still did 96mph

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9PDKy0A_7A

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
It is what it is there....before I stepped in with my built trans, the stock LBZ was running 13.8 @ 98mph best at Byron for the last 2 years and I got him down to the 13.07. He ran a 13.2 @ 102 in Earlville with the stock setup too. Maybe if I go there, I’ll get numbers that don’t set everyone off....

If you want to see impressive stock truck numbers go look at othergirls threads. Dustin is quite a bit faster than a 13.1. My totaly stock LMM ran a 13.1 @ 103 9 years ago on PPE tune so yea that's not impressive...:confused:

bcdeutsch731

Nov 4, 2010
Illinois
Lol Brett is that your kid in the video saying “wow he smoked him?” :roflmao:

Yeah, I bring my boys with me to most of the races. They are my #1 fan but can also be the hardest on me. Lol. "Wow dad you got beat bad" or " why do you always break stuff".

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Yeah, I bring my boys with me to most of the races. They are my #1 fan but can also be the hardest on me. Lol. "Wow dad you got beat bad" or " why do you always break stuff".

I see Im not the only one who's kids are their harshest critics. I think thats their job though. :hehe:Mine used to be my "pit crew", too.

They just tell it how it is even if it’s not what you wanna hear

That right there should be the motto of this site.

Well, if everyone is done commenting on this, Im gonna shut her down. Happy racing everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.