Buyers Beware:

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Beware!! Another deal gone bad.. I found injectors for one of my buddys on here and we bought them for $2400 from gmac32. They got lost in the mail and I don't believe he bought insurance like he should have and now I guess we're just supposed to take the beating on our end or something.. Bought them 04/19/16 and 4 months later still have no refund.. He tried dragging it out as long as he could so it to late to stop payment.. Kept saying that usps hasn't sent out a confirmation letter saying that they are lost. But if you call usps they will plainly say that they are lost for good. And he refuses to call them. He hasn't replied to the last few txs so figured id spread the word.. Any help would be great! His number is, phone number is ***-***-****

Here is the listing http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70390
Phone number is deleted so why don't you post yours......

Maybe you should have inquired about insurance, did you "friend" the money or choose the other option to send money, not to mention you have only one post and hope to hear both sides of the story, not just yours...

Last edited:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Who in the F pays 2400 bucks for something site unseen and then doesn't get insurance put on the shipping:confused:

Who in the F sells something for 2400 bucks and doesn't cover his azz by insuring:confused:

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Who in the F pays 2400 bucks for something site unseen and then doesn't get insurance put on the shipping:confused:

Who in the F sells something for 2400 bucks and doesn't cover his azz by insuring:confused:
Nothing gets lost in the mail ever

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
Nothing gets lost in the mail ever

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I had a Fass pump I sold get lost from USPS and ended up refunding the buyer his money, than like a month later it was found and shipped to him. Good thing he was a stand up guy and re payed me for the pump and was very understanding. Something that expensive really needs to have insurance put on it!!! I think they take more care with it when's its marked with high value amount also.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Knock on wood, I've never lost anything. I have always insured the box for double what I sold it, for that reason
What's the point of doubling the insurance, they will only pay for what you can prove the part is worth not double. You have already received money for the said part so the "loss" money goes to the other guy. In the insurance industry it's called ACV (actual cash value) and doubtful they will pay RCV for a known used part...:thumb:

Last edited:

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
What's the point of doubling the insurance, they will only pay for what you can prove the part is worth not double. You have already received money for the said part so the "loss" money goes to the other guy. In the insurance industry it's called ACV (actual cash value) and doubtful they will pay RCV for a known used part...:thumb:
What? If you insure a package for $1000 and it gets lost, even if it is full of rocks, the receiver gets $1000. You are paying for an agreed value policy, not actual cash value.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
What? If you insure a package for $1000 and it gets lost, even if it is full of rocks, the receiver gets $1000. You are paying for an agreed value policy, not actual cash value.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Next time you ship a package from your local independent shipper that handles UPS, FEDEX, USPS ask them...:thumb: BTW I have not shipped a $1000.00 worth of rocks except maybe diamonds which would be accompanied by an independent appraisal certificate.....

http://www.bankrate.com/finance/insurance/shipping-insurance.aspx#slide=1

Make sure you have supporting documentation for any claim you file, Shmorak says. "You'll need to tell them what you've shipped, prove the value and go through their process."

Make sure you have supporting documentation for any claim you file, Shmorak says. "You'll need to tell them what you've shipped, prove the value and go through their process."

Strohl adds: "Generally speaking, it's also wise to keep diligent documentation of goods at both the origin and destination, as well as a series of photos of the item to make sure it arrives in the same condition."

For example, in order to file at USPS, you will need a completed claim form, evidence of insurance, evidence of value, and proof of damage or loss of contents.

Last edited:

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States
Next time you ship a package from your local independent shipper that handles UPS, FEDEX, USPS ask them...:thumb: BTW I have not shipped a $1000.00 worth of rocks except maybe diamonds which would be accompanied by an independent appraisal certificate.....

http://www.bankrate.com/finance/insurance/shipping-insurance.aspx#slide=1

Strohl adds: "Generally speaking, it's also wise to keep diligent documentation of goods at both the origin and destination, as well as a series of photos of the item to make sure it arrives in the same condition."

For example, in order to file at USPS, you will need a completed claim form, evidence of insurance, evidence of value, and proof of damage or loss of contents.
You forgot you also need to have on a red shirt, black pant's, and then have on a blue shoe with a white shoe. Spin in a circle, clap twice, and wink with both eye's. Only then can you complete the claim process. :rofl:Gtfo

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Having dealt with UPS insurance, it is a giant pain in the ass. They will pay out, but it is a pain to get them to. They want all kinds of documentation.

I've never had to use USPS insurance, but they do state it is actual cash value, not an agreed value. (I want to say UPS is agreed value.) USPS is super expensive for insurance too, so I usually end up going UPS or FedEx for insured items, as it comes out cheaper in total.

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
UPS lost a package we shipped from work, fully insured. It was a $2,500 part strapped to a 8' long pallet with multiple parts and pictures taken. The pictures the customer sent us looked nothing like when we put it on the UPS 18 wheeler. Needless to say Old Dominion has been good to us since. I don't know if they ever got it taken care of or not, I know UPS was giving them a hard time about it. I know I remade the part.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
You forgot you also need to have on a red shirt, black pant's, and then have on a blue shoe with a white shoe. Spin in a circle, clap twice, and wink with both eye's. Only then can you complete the claim process. :rofl:Gtfo
Go F**k yourself, it's their shipping insurance policy and YOU agree to the terms and conditions of said shipping insurance policy, and you are the ones that need the E-Z read policy declarations as it's written so a first grader like you could understand........:thumb:

Last edited:

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States
Go F**k yourself, it's their shipping insurance policy and YOU agree to the terms and conditions of said shipping insurance policy, and you are the ones that need the E-Z read policy declarations as it's written so a first grader like you could understand........:thumb:
From some young punk kid I would expect a defensive response triggered. But being the old tumble weed that you're, one would think different. What are the odd's on a performance forum you post detailed helpful Insurance help? ;)

LbzDMax07

Dec 16, 2013
PA
There is very important fine print you need to follow when shipping if you want a claim paid out. I won't ship UPS any longer because of it.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Ups shipping insurance is there to protect manufactures shipping goods in their original box. It's only there for regular customers to make you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

kendrickDan

Jan 25, 2016
Phone number is deleted so why don't you post yours......

Maybe you should have inquired about insurance, did you "friend" the money or choose the other option to send money, not to mention you have only one post and hope to hear both sides of the story, not just yours...
Sure i have no problem at all posting my number.. Have nothing to hide.. Ive been part of the cummins and comp forum for quite awhile now.. Look me up if you feel like.. Just got on here cause i have close friends with duramaxes and theyre not computer freaks.. And btw i take that totaly to the sellers responsability to insure somthing they are selling.. I always insure everything i send or ill be refunding buyer if somthing happens to package and no insurance.. He should have included that in his shipping cost.. He charged his debit card for them.. Said he owns a shop and talked half decent till all this happened.. I think its a little buisness Stallion high performance but has no website or anything much can find..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)