Buyers Beware:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Staff member
Aug 1, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Just like Craig's List, do a little research before buying and selling in the Garage Sale section.

If the guy has a slim "profile" (yahoo addy, not much info, etc) and no history, and you don't know them, you are gambling.

If something looks too good to be true, or doesn't "feel" right, there are lots of parts in the world, just skip that one.

DuramaxDiesels and it's staff are not responsible for private transactions that go sour, but we do like to hear about them. We normally remove Garage Sale priviledges from people who botch transactions. Ask Wade.

SgtKilroy

'Merica!
Sep 30, 2009
SoCal
Well I might buy one of them as long as you put in some new muffler bearings first. A kneutson valve would be a bonus too!

turbostang7

Apr 11, 2011
Rexburg Id.
Its really not worth it to rip people off, how would you get help when needed from you guys lol.
I got ripped off not too long ago, well he tried to. I have some police friends and for your guys information internet fraud is a felony!

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Its really not worth it to rip people off, how would you get help when needed from you guys lol.
I got ripped off not too long ago, well he tried to. I have some police friends and for your guys information internet fraud is a felony!
Wow good to know.

It may be a felony but it seams like 1 of the easier 1s for Scamers to get away with.

AKlowriderZ71

May 13, 2012
Wyoming
is it possible to have a seller rating that shows up next to your name as part of the forum?
^^^This.

The other truck forum I frequent and help moderate has a Trader Rating system. It's comparable to ebay's feedback. Positive, neutral, or negative, along with comments. It's a quick way to check a member, and add a little insight.

We also have a member feedback section. Provides a place for members to resolve issues, or just give props. If I am considering a transaction on a forum, I usually check these sections first. I was surprised to not see them here.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Staff member
Aug 1, 2006
Norco, CA
Rob hasn't been able to find one that is compatible with the version of VB we are using

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Reminds me of mddmax i think was his name selling his rat*ucked truck to bustedknuckes friend The tripple turbos where junk and the guy had to replace the engine.Guys like that arent gonna live long.

Last edited:

DURAMXD

BOB SAGET!
Apr 24, 2012
Wichita, KS
This is one of the main reasons I completely stopped visiting DF. Myself and a couple of other people got screwed over by a seller in the same ad and long story short, nothing ever got fixed. I still see the guy post all over (CompD, DP, DF, etc) peddling parts and it still pisses me off.

I like the people over here better too though. :thumb:

I still have an open dispute on PayPal from over 5 years ago from a similar situation, not diesel related. I bought a bunch of turbo parts (about $1800 worth) on a forum and paid via PayPal. The guy never shipped them, I disputed it through PayPal and won the judgement. The guy had no money in his PayPal and even though it is linked to his bank account they couldn't legally do anything to get any money from his bank account. So, basically he never put money in that PayPal account and I never got my money back. My PayPal still comes up with an open dispute at the top every time I open it. Something that you guys might keep in mind.

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
This is one of the main reasons I completely stopped visiting DF. Myself and a couple of other people got screwed over by a seller in the same ad and long story short, nothing ever got fixed. I still see the guy post all over (CompD, DP, DF, etc) peddling parts and it still pisses me off.

I like the people over here better too though. :thumb:

I still have an open dispute on PayPal from over 5 years ago from a similar situation, not diesel related. I bought a bunch of turbo parts (about $1800 worth) on a forum and paid via PayPal. The guy never shipped them, I disputed it through PayPal and won the judgement. The guy had no money in his PayPal and even though it is linked to his bank account they couldn't legally do anything to get any money from his bank account. So, basically he never put money in that PayPal account and I never got my money back. My PayPal still comes up with an open dispute at the top every time I open it. Something that you guys might keep in mind.
That's why I always use a credit card through Paypal, if everything goes badly you can get your money back from them, Paypal will be pissed and cancel your account but at least you're not out $1800.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)