Busted Danville pinned pump

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
So just put. Danville pinned water pump in the truck be made one or two passes on tune three and then this happened!? Now the pin is somewhere in the motor. Has anyone else had this happen?
935cd31d3aa2f583f6d4dc6d92ab1933.jpg

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
That thing is a really funky color..... You say it hasn't been installed long?

I've installed several Danville pumps and not a single issue to date.

The pin is in your oil pan now. I highly doubt it will ever even make it through the oil pickup tune screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Nope. I installed it maybe last month and ran the truck two times down the highway and that is it. Oil pan? Should be somewhere in the cooling system.

whytry

Oct 11, 2010
LOL I GARRENNTEE that pin isn't in the oil pan...Some guys should keep quiet on here.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Not him he is always so sure of everything :hug:

Your right, I didn't even think about it being on the water side. Probably got stuck in the oil cooler in that case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
It's just my luck. Only thing is I called Danville yesterday and they told me warranty is only 6 months for a $190 water pump. If that's the case I would probably be better off getting a oreillys pump for $50 with lifetime warranty and just pin it myself. (I can return a pinned pump if it's worn or broke to oreillys, have connections up there.)

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
If you can manage to pin it. The shaft is hard.

Time for a pinned, keyed, and welded pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBZ1991

Nov 21, 2014
Winfield, MO
It's just my luck. Only thing is I called Danville yesterday and they told me warranty is only 6 months for a $190 water pump. If that's the case I would probably be better off getting a oreillys pump for $50 with lifetime warranty and just pin it myself. (I can return a pinned pump if it's worn or broke to oreillys, have connections up there.)

This is exactly what I just did.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I'm guessing you have a lbz since your sig says your cracked a piston awhile back? If so what was wrong with your factory water pump which made you install this Danville pump?

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
I'm guessing you have a lbz since your sig says your cracked a piston awhile back? If so what was wrong with your factory water pump which made you install this Danville pump?

No lly. Busted a welded one on the gear side and didn't want to go through that again replacing cam gear, since it wore the teeth out on it while sitting inside motor.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
I know he will take care of me, it's just the 6 month warranty that concerns me. Only frustrating part is races are in a week! Lol