Building a shop

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Or shop the right place's a 60x90 can be had for around 40k. Not sure why you think trump has done anything to effect that. But people alway's seem to find an excuse. :confused:

No metal cost is without a doubt on the rise and it's rising insanely fast, weather Trump did something directly or not it's a fact we can't ignore. The cost on some metal has already doubled

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Or shop the right place's a 60x90 can be had for around 40k. Not sure why you think trump has done anything to effect that. But people alway's seem to find an excuse. :confused:
What are you talking about? Who's making excuses? Trump became President and since then the market has gone full steam a head. There is so much demand for steel the the price is going to continue to rise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
16' for what the tallest trucks are under 14' :confused:

I agree here. For you in the boat world it probably makes a difference but otherwise 14’ is more than most anyone will ever use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
RV with any antennas will need 16. I have to have 16 for boats yes but rv is just as important and when building such a big shop you need to think resale.

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
RV with any antennas will need 16. I have to have 16 for boats yes but rv is just as important and when building such a big shop you need to think resale.

I do have to agree with that even though I may come across a heavy equipment such as an excavator.

Im not in a super rush for building my shop, still got plenty of work to clear in my backyard. I've decided a 40x60 may be big enough for my stuff and to work in unless I see the inside of it to get a better idea. I'll be doing it one thing at a time, starting with a concrete slab then work my way up. Who knows, maybe the steel prices will drop, it's always a rollercoaster for steel prices.

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
Had my shop built last summer. 60x60. 16 ft walls. Do 16 ft walls that way you can get whatever you want in. I spray foamed mine,closed cell. Building before insulation was 60k. That included concrete. Im sure its more now.

AZlml

Jun 5, 2016
Goodyear, AZ
Had my shop built last summer. 60x60. 16 ft walls. Do 16 ft walls that way you can get whatever you want in. I spray foamed mine,closed cell. Building before insulation was 60k. That included concrete. Im sure its more now.

How thick is the concrete?

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
:confused: fit several rv's in a shop with 14' doors dunno what kind of antennas you putting on your rv

I've rigged a few for customers but they were old Prevost busses converted with full slide outs and every emenity you can squeeze into one. They are pretty neat, you would never know what it was going down the road. Antenna wise KVH, XM weather/audio, wifi booster, etc. They are a challenge to rigg bc of top crowning...

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
4 inch,red select dirt pad,one main beam across and 1/2 rebar. Thought about 5 but didnt do it. Also i paid for the dirt pad out of pocket so it was not in the 60k.

You will be hard pressed to put a lift in a 4" slab, it will spider crack in no-time.