LMM: Building a motor for dummies.

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
:eek:

Hey I don't care if I break shit. Because I know it's Pat and Robert that have to fix it:frog:

Pat- I don't want to make another pass in the truck, the air sucks and it's not worth it.
Me- Just let me make one pass with the bottle
Pat- You know the truck doesn't like nitrous
Me- It's not me has to fix it :angel:
Pat- OK 1 pass
Me-10.59 :fluffy: and it didn't break

Actually I think that is the last time I ran the truck.

Your not the average wife:D

Dec 2, 2006
TN
So, on a motor build, what needs to be done? I know this has been covered before in threads, anything all inclusive though? Anyone know of some sort of step by step? Forgive me for not searching, Im a little upset at the moment. :mad:

I take it yours let go?

What happen?

Dec 2, 2006
TN
Down the road, getting on the highway took it up to 90 or 100 drying my truck off from the carwash. Got to the offramp - white smoke rough idle. Sweet :rolleyes:

That sucks!

Good luck with the build.

How has the life been, run hard daily or? We need details ( I couldn't find a "I blew it" thread..:eek:)..

The way I see it, the only good thing from a blown motor is you have a chance to build it stronger, so that mean's you can make more power and do it all over again.. :D

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
Has seen 20-25 runs on the strip and I beat on it daily, has only seen a race 500+ tune in it.

I think the final straw was a 0-135 run against an M5 two nights ago on the street.... of course I wasnt gonna back out of it but Im pretty sure my EGTs were pegged :eek:

Just over 15k miles with the built trans/tune in.

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
I'm guessing your gauge pegs out around 1500 or more?? Good luck on the build and getting back up and running. These lbz/lmm's make me nervous when I hear about pistons failures.

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
I think its a 1600, and she was a blinkin at me, so...ya hahaha. That had me jumpin about in my truck though and a smile on my face and the adrenaline flowin for a good 15 minutes afterwards.... knew something liek this HAD to come along, I cant just have fun like that without something bad happening :rofl:

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
Your mirrors look awesome! :D

I guess now I can pull mine off along with some other stuff and have Cody paint them... I was wondering what I was gonna do without my mirrors for a week or so... no problems now! :rofl:

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
Let me know if you need any help putting it together. sorry about your motor. white smoke thoe ? is tht it or is ther blue smoke as well? have you done a compresion test yet ?