BT diesel lockup controller problem in 4-low

UPnGONe

Jul 23, 2008
The shore
Installed a BT diesel works lockup controller in a 06 lbs box works great in all modes except in 4-low when in manual mode it will not force lock it or unlock in 4low manual mode. Now if you but it in 4-low and drive it will work perfect. Anyone have any idea what would cause this I have looked at the TCM tune but I'm not a real skilled in knowing what to change. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

onebaddmaxxx

Feb 22, 2009
Cecil County Md
The BT box over rides any TCC command the tcm is giving. If you are in 2HI will it force lock and unlock then? And are you positive? Seen them not work and still lock up automatically at the 3-4 shift and people not realize it.

UPnGONe

Jul 23, 2008
The shore
Yes force lockup / unlock is very obvious in 2hi
Can feel it in 4low but only in drive but not manual mode.

I can feel lockup in 4low drive easily and feel it unlock, but once you drop it in manual I can not feel any difference. But the weird part is he made 5 hooks last Saturday and the first hook it seemed to lockup and it unlocked at the end and spun out.

Now the next hooks it would just die at the end and not unlock the converter.

UPnGONe

Jul 23, 2008
The shore
Still having issues with this box wouldn't unlock the converter at the end of a pull last weekend cost him some purse money its starting to get old anyone have any ideas

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
The box has no idea whether you are in 4low or 4hi, and no idea whether you are in manual or auto. It does not even know if the truck is in 4wd or not.

I just assumed that the issue was solved since I never heard anything else from you.

You need to log turbine speed versus input speed to see when exactly the TC is locking and unlocking. Not that I am doubting you, but I just am baffled at how the box suddenly stops working when you put the shifter down into "M", considering NOTHING changes as far as how the lockup controller works, etc. It literally doesnt make sense.... Thats like saying "well the box also doesnt work when the right rear window is down"

Ben

UPnGONe

Jul 23, 2008
The shore
The box has intermittent problems the pull before this one it unlocked at the end, I will log it next time. I don't know what the box knows I'm.just stating what the box is doing can you pm a contact number so I can talk to you and get this fixed?