Brake line leak in engine compartment

Stephenj3

Oct 18, 2019
Canada
Just noticed this leak while plugging my truck in this evening, brake fluid reservoir is very low. I'm not very knowledgeable on the brake system, buut this seems to be the only spot thats wet, how serious of a fix is this? Thanks, sorry if this isnt the place to post this.

Attachments

• 20191217_171655.jpg
    20191217_171655.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 46

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Well, that appears to be a power steering/hydroboost line - not an uncommon leak.. As far as your brake fluid being low, how are your braje pads? As they wear down, tge resivoir level will drop.

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

Stephenj3

Oct 18, 2019
Canada
I had the rear brake line replaced 2 months ago because it rusted out, brake pad are well over half left. I really appreciate the response. I just bought dot3 and topped it up and it barely took any. I had the old lady press on the brakes and turn the wheel left to right and vice versa, and it didn't leak. Any ideas on why it wouldn't? Thanks man.

frankenstien

May 25, 2015
Fairbanks,Alaska
looks like the crimp for the hose fitting is leaking, might only do it when its cold out, check your power steering fluid.

as to how hard is it to replace? id say not too bad, the fittings can be hard to get to, but otherwise its just Remove and Replace. when i have a hose that leaks on my stuff i dont replace with a new one, i take it to a hydraulic shop that makes hoses and retro fits it with an arctic grade hose, holds up better to the cold