Blown turbo lly?

Nov 27, 2022
I was gonna say that it might be the LBZ y-bridge coming apart but since it was doing it before it probably is somewhere else. Don’t rule out an exhaust leak either.
Okay so there is an exhaust leak where the Dow pipe meets the exhaust. The exhaust side flange has an inch or so missing from rot, but the sound almost sounds like it’s coming from the exhaust in the back of the truck. You think that leak would be a possibility?

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Okay so there is an exhaust leak where the Dow pipe meets the exhaust. The exhaust side flange has an inch or so missing from rot, but the sound almost sounds like it’s coming from the exhaust in the back of the truck. You think that leak would be a possibility?
It could, sounds like its time to replace some parts :(

Nov 27, 2022
It could, sounds like its time to replace some parts :(
The exhaust is actually one of the only parts I haven’t replaced yet because I was waiting on a buddy to get me a 5 inch. Exhaust and leak test will be the next things for the truck. Thanks for the help guys I will keep you posted

BrandonLLY

Apr 23, 2014

That’s very likely. I would do your exhaust replacement and report back. Sounded like an exhaust leak to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I was gonna say that it might be the LBZ y-bridge coming apart but since it was doing it before it probably is somewhere else. Don’t rule out an exhaust leak either.
Maybe I misread, but I think he changed the turbo mouthpiece, not the y-bridge.

Nate’s Dmax

Dec 11, 2020
I would say that is very likely the culprit to your sound.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Ive never heard of an exhaust housing rotting. Thats a new one.

Time for a new turbo.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Oh damn, I read that wrong. Thanks for "hitting me upside the head". :LOL:
No worries, It happens. some times we read thing or interpret things wrong... Happened just yesterday with me and Evan. I was selling a core and he thought I wanted to buy one. :LOL: I had to clarify I was selling again and then he was like opps.... and yes he did gladly take it.

Nov 27, 2022
Hey everyone just wanted to throw you a little update, I got the 5 inch on, noise seemed to go away but also didn’t have much boost due to y bridge elbow popping off from that shitty factory design. The new y bridge and elbow should be In this afternoon so I can give you guys an answer on that damn noise lol