Best tuner for Towing

rmallen30

Aug 12, 2009
hillsboro ohio
Post your location, and find a reputable EFI Live tuner , that’s the only way to go these days
If your towing that heavy you need a tune built specifically for your application other wise your egts will be excessive.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
You cant beat a custom tune, but the diablo is a good canned tuner for the lbz. The bullydog runs HOT egt's as I tuned a few for guys because the egt's scared them running empty(1450+ wasn't uncommon on the "tow" setting for the triple dog or whatever they called it). I don't have any experience with the hyper pac, so I don't know how it compares.

But if you can swing it, a small custom tune, egr blocker plate, 4" downpipe back exhaust, and open up the air box inlet and fender opening for the intake(keep the stock intake and box, just do the ppe mods) and you'll be good to go. I know I have a lbz tow tune and it tends to run slightly cooler egt's than stock, keeps engine temps in check, and has the exhaust brake built in.

martinbrown652

Apr 20, 2019
Thanks for the all replies it helped me also, I am new in the towing field. thanks

Last edited by a moderator: