Best replacement wheel bearing/hub

B1 596

Dmax rods cost how much..
Apr 30, 2010
Hudson N.H.
I have a drivers side wheel bearing needing replacement ( 14' 3500 SRW )....Always had good luck with Timkens in the past. Which ones seem to hold up best now ? Any help is appreciated .... TIA

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
You still get bad ones out there that dont hold up but for the most part, SKF and Timken seems to be the better of them.

buy either one from a place you can get parts easy and have the best warranty.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
James since you’re the Guru, what’s the scoop on the kryptonite ones? Obviously rebranded with their warranty for more moolah but whose bearings are they?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
James since you’re the Guru, what’s the scoop on the kryptonite ones? Obviously rebranded with their warranty for more moolah but whose bearings are they?

Timken. dmaxstore use to sell timkens with lifetime warranty and now looks like are being private labeled by them with a few minor differences.

Dmaxstore will require you to send the old one back and then decide if its warrantied to send you another. Not exactly the quickest process so keep a spare.

JAG91761

Mar 12, 2018
Ontario, California
Bought mine at Auto Zone Lifetime warranty, Use the warranty from my old 2500hd to fix the wheel bearing of my new 2500hd. (same truck, my old got totaled by drunk driver)

snowman22

Jan 30, 2018
SoCal
Bought mine at Auto Zone Lifetime warranty, Use the warranty from my old 2500hd to fix the wheel bearing of my new 2500hd. (same truck, my old got totaled by drunk driver)

Oh lifetime warranty parts... lifetime changing parts maybe.

Timken ones just went on my truck. Pretty reasonable on Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KyleC4

Tech
Dec 30, 2016
Bay Area
Timken. dmaxstore use to sell timkens with lifetime warranty and now looks like are being private labeled by them with a few minor differences.

Dmaxstore will require you to send the old one back and then decide if its warrantied to send you another. Not exactly the quickest process so keep a spare.

I’m sure those minor differences being their logo somewhere on the hub face and calling it theirs :roflmao:

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin

This is why I went with Raybestos. Good quality bearing with lifetime warranty.

Oh lifetime warranty parts... lifetime changing parts maybe.

Timken ones just went on my truck. Pretty reasonable on Amazon.

To an extent, some brands with a lifetime warranty are significantly better than others.

HWI

Feb 7, 2016
FL
I've had good luck with Timken. I am thinking of trying out the SKF X-Trackers next time I'm up for a replacement.