Best place to buy a delete kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welder1999

Mar 28, 2021
I just bought my first diesel 13LML and i want to do the delete the right way (I live in SC so I’m free to do this) most of the kits i see online from various websites (egrparts dpfdeleteshop eBay etc) all look like the same kit, exhaust, up pipe, down pipe, rebranded. I just want some quality parts haha thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welder1999

Mar 28, 2021
I just bought my first diesel 13 LML and I want to do the delete the right way. I live in SC so I’m free to do this. All the parts kits down pipes, up pipes i see online (egrparts, DPFdelete,eBay) all look Ed the same or rebranded. I want some quality parts thanks guys

IcutMetl

Apr 17, 2020
You’re not really free to do it anywhere. Good luck; deleting seems to be getting harder and harder.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
As stated, you're probably not going to find the parts or especially the tuning to do it anymore. Its also not a topic we openly discuss here due to the same govt intrusion.

Merged your two threads. No need to post the same question in multiple areas.

Welder1999

Mar 28, 2021
On the federal level yeah it’s not but in the sticks of SC( we have two cops) everyone’s truck is deleted and rolling smoke. I don’t want smoke. I just don’t want all that unnecessary junk under there

sneaky98gt

Nov 5, 2013
On the federal level yeah it’s not but in the sticks of SC( we have two cops) everyone’s truck is deleted and rolling smoke. I don’t want smoke. I just don’t want all that unnecessary junk under there

The problem isn't enforcement on the consumer side (a.k.a. you and your cop buddies out in the sticks). The problem is enforcement on the supply side; the feds have successfully gone after and shut down most all of the hardware suppliers (delete kits) and especially the companies supplying the tunes. I can only think of a very small handful of well-known, reputable tuners that haven't been hit by the EPA, and I'd bet a dollar they will by the end of the year.

It's a sad state of affairs, but the diesel performance industry is pretty much dead. It was a fun run, but the days of deleting emissions equipment and putting aftermarket tunes on trucks are gone, unless you're savvy enough to do it all yourself. Even then, I give it a couple more years at most before the feds ban even being able to buy the tools to do it yourself (EFI, SCT, HP Tuners, etc.). The crackdowns on aftermarket gas motor tuning has already started as well.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
A lot of those guys in the sticks rolling coal did a great job at drawing the wrong kind of attention to the diesel performance industry, ruining it for the rest of us.

Literally this. I had a customer here who I've helped out in the past that sold his truck and the new owner called me asking to, and I quote, "help me roll more coal since I'm putting a bed stack in". This is the stigma we need to stop. Clean and efficient power is where things need to go (this is not at all an attack on the OP, just a derail hahaha).

Welder1999

Mar 28, 2021
This is the stigma we need to stop. Clean and efficient power is where things need to go (this is not at all an attack on the OP, just a derail hahaha).

I agree i don’t want smoke or really even that loud of an exhaust. I just want my truck to last as long as possible. My wife’s finally letting me get a truck I’ve wanted for years i don’t want it going down the crapper haha

Status
Not open for further replies.