Best Fuel Additive??

DuramaxTireSmoker

Jun 8, 2010
SW Florida
Whats the Best attitive to get? Have been using marvel mystery oil. Is there something out there that is better for the injectors and MPG yet still carries a low price tag? Thanks

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
Whats the Best attitive to get? Have been using marvel mystery oil. Is there something out there that is better for the injectors and MPG yet still carries a low price tag? Thanks

monster diesel additive:hehe:

I run 2 stroke oil & amsoil additives. Ive never compared the difference in mileage with or with out but it is quieter & has a little more pep with the additives

Diesel Pilot

Hat? Suitcase? 50 BMG?
Aug 9, 2006
Pickerington, OH
B5 or B20.

It cost the same as normal diesel and has better lubricity than an additive on the market. Some say that they experience lower mileage but I have gotten the same all the times I've run bio-diesel. It is amazing stuff, will clean the heck out of the fuel system, to the point of needing to change the fuel filter shortly after running a few tanks through.

I've also used Power Service. It's not the best but it is readily available and somewhat cheap.

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
B5 or B20.

It cost the same as normal diesel and has better lubricity than an additive on the market. Some say that they experience lower mileage but I have gotten the same all the times I've run bio-diesel. It is amazing stuff, will clean the heck out of the fuel system, to the point of needing to change the fuel filter shortly after running a few tanks through.

I've also used Power Service. It's not the best but it is readily available and somewhat cheap.

And schaeffers makes a bio additive if bio isn't readily available to you.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I use a mix of Bio and 2 stroke. You don't need more then B2 or 2% bio in a tank which comes out to 1/2gal. for a fill up(26gal.). Much over B20 and you will notice a mileage drop. I lost 1.5mpg on B50 or so. I use Howes in the winter too since it seems to work the best with Bio.

03DuraMax4x4

Sep 4, 2010
Hattiesburg, MS
I use the GM Diesel Additive every 1,500 miles, but may shorten to every 1000 miles. The diesel tech at the dealership recommended changing it every 15K, but I've already have to replace the injectors and am paranoid about them going bad again.

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
I use the GM Diesel Additive every 1,500 miles, but may shorten to every 1000 miles. The diesel tech at the dealership recommended changing it every 15K, but I've already have to replace the injectors and am paranoid about them going bad again.

It was my understanding the GM additive was Stanadyne :confused:
And only every 1500 miles ? Most diesel additives are every tank.

Heartbeat Hauler

May 5, 2008
Morgantown, WV
I am running the Stanadyne Performance Formula since '01, and Lubricity Formula for about 2 years. I have developed a low speed surge so I am going to try a quart of 2-stroke oil (quart per tank) to see if that will help. Probably the FPR going south or worse the dreaded injector issue....:eek:

Last edited: