Belt noise........

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
I've been chasing a belt noise for quite some time now went to get fuel just then and noticed it was slightly louder than normal. I have 78,xxx original miles I've put on the truck owned it since new and meticulously taken care of it performed all the work and mods myself. I swapped the tensioner about a year ago same noise then both idler pulleys noise went away about two months ago noise was faintly there but finally showed its ugly face today finally found my belt noise. My ats twin cp3 mount bracket snapped dead in the center glad it did it so close to home and I limped it home gonna have to order a mount bracket any one else had this happen?

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I've never seen one in person but I've heard of other having the same issues with them cracking over time. I think there was/is an updated bracket that is supposed to take care of this problem.

My homemade one started doing the same thing until I welded on a reinforcement to keep the vibration down

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
Thanks for such a quick reply my noise kept leeading me towards my a/c compressor good thing is it happened less than a mile from my home so I got here and will wait til Monday to order a bracket. This kit has been on since 2008 so I cant complain I had to have a updated pulley in 09 due to the pump shaft wearing the taper fit out of the center ats warrantied it cause of a design flaw